- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Android Developer - Full Time Opportunity- Remote in Canada
Our client empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products and its media app is one of the most popular in North America.
Its media app is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favourite teams, leagues, and players. Their mobile sports betting app delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience. Publicly traded on the TSX Venture Exchange, our client also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and industry leading E-sports platforms.
Our client is seeking a talented and passionate Android developer to help build and extend one of the best sports apps on the market. The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years experience creating Android apps with 4+ years' experience developing software using Java and Kotlin.
You will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated developers in one of Toronto's top mobile shops. You'll also get to push updates to millions of users every week. As part of the development team, you will work alongside a team of expert mobile developers from other platforms to deliver a seamless sports app experience across all mobile and tablet devices.
Typical Work Day:
- Daily standup with your team.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize features on our Android app.
- Work closely with developers from Server, iOS, and Android.
- Design, architect, and ship features often.
- Participate and be involved in product development meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years' experience with Kotlin.
- 3+ years' experience in Android development.
- 4+ years' experience in Java development.
- Experience developing pixel-perfect user interfaces.
- Knowledge of serialization formats like JSON.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP, HTTP, etc.).
- Experience with Android Studio (IntelliJ) is must.
- Experience with GraphQL is an asset.
- Desired Skills: Git, AndroidX, Android Architecture Components, Kotlin, Java, Coroutines, Dependancy Injections(Dagger, Koin), JUnit, Robolectric, MVVM, retrofit2, OkHttp, GraphQL,
What Our Client Offers:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Top of the line office hardware.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.