- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
IOS Developer - Full Time Opportunity- Remote in Canada
Our client empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products and its media app is one of the most popular in North America.
Its media app is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favourite teams, leagues, and players. Their mobile sports betting app delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience. Publicly traded on the TSX Venture Exchange, our client also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and industry leading E-sports platforms.
They rapidly iterate by using an Agile approach to software development along with continuous integration, manual and automated QA. They use code and design reviews to maintain a high level of quality in the app. Their codebase includes mostly Swift with some Objective-C. They also adopt new releases of iOS immediately and are always looking to push the boundaries of the platform.
Our client values continuous personal improvement and they encourage team members to attend conferences, host meetups and give talks. They even open-source their code when possible and maintain an engineering blog in order to give back to the development community!
Typical Work Day:
- Work with the product team to design, architect, and ship our amazing applications.
- Implement polished user interfaces with the help of our design team.
- Improve our code through refactoring and applying modern design patterns.
- Work with other engineers through technical collaboration, discussion, and code review.
- Solve difficult problems related to large data sets and responsive UIs.
- Help our QA team to automate testing and continuous integration.
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in iOS development.
- Other duties as required
- Experience working with Cocoa, Swift (Objective-C is a plus).
- A demonstrated ability in delivering clean, organized, testable, and highly performant code.
- Experience developing pixel-perfect user interfaces.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience integrating APIs and back-end services with mobile applications.
- Experience working with Git.
- Experience working with Cocoapods.
- Experience working with large native code bases with significant complexity.
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented design, software development principles, and design patterns.
- Solid knowledge of concurrency best practices and pitfalls.
- Highly proficient with profiling/debugging tools.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or equivalent experience.
- A passion for sports and/or gaming is considered an asset.
What Our Client Offers:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Top of the line office hardware.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.