- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
My client is looking for a GIS Supervisor to be based in their head office in Birmingham. They are looking for someone who is keen to work on a long term project with one of the UK's largest telecommunication operators.
The supervisor will be responsible for assisting within a team of GIS operators and also taking data from various sources throughout the business and inputting this into the GIS system. The candidate will be part of a larger planning function and be working on major network projects for Virgin Media, Vodafone and other clients. The GIS Supervisor will have a great opportunity to learn a multitude of new skills and be supporting a much larger team and project.
A range of typical duties/responsibility would include:
- Prioritisation of data capture work activities subject to work scheduled
- Supervise a team of GIS Operators and GIS Administrators
- Liaise with the planning team through the GIS Manager/supervisors for data capture schedule
- Highlight and escalate anomalies within as-built data
- Work to strict deadlines
- Perform quality control checks on GIS output
- Allocation of tasks to GIS Operators and GIS Administrators
- Maintain and update GIS records (database, guides for best practise etc.)
- Take an active role in the recruitment of new GIS talent
A typical range of skills we'd be looking for would include:
- An understanding of Autocad or GIS systems/principles
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven track record of GIS understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised whilst delivering a high volume quality work.
- Flexibility to work across multiple facets of the GIS E2E process at any given time
- Proficient user of Microsoft Visio to accurately reproduce Fibre, RF & TELCO Straight Line Drawings in accordance with customer standards
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Able to communicate within a cross functional environment
- Attention to detail in your work and taken pride in the output
- Current and competent user of QGIS and the Intergraph GIS Software Package G/Designer (accredited by Virgin Media)
- Familiar with Virgin Media's Fulcrum Planning Tool
- Ability to interrogate and question a planned network design
- Familiar with the Virgin Media Network design
- Previous supervisory experience in a GIS environment
- Previous GIS Quality Assurance experience
What we'll offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A full induction, regular reviews and 1:1s
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- A Pension with 5% Employer contribution
- Free parking on site
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.