- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
FIBRE ACCESS NETWORK PLANNING MANAGER
The client is a small company with a very exciting future which provides an opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Fibre Access Network Planning Manager.
You will be required to provide instruction and leadership to the planning team and to continually identify and implement improvements across the planning process operation to ensure that business objectives and outcomes are well met with their strategic goals. You will be required to work collaboratively across all departments and lead the responsibility for the design of the FTTP access network infrastructure up to and including the customers premises.
Key Responsibilities are:
* Design the fibre-optic infrastructure and civils for Fibre FTTP networks. Designs to comply with overall planning guidelines to deliver cost effective and fit for purpose designs.
* Own, maintain and update Detailed Network Design Guidelines for the FTTP access network
* Apply the design principles to develop a high-level / fundamental FTTP network plan for a given area
* Prioritise network planning rollout programme based on opportunity and deployment complexity
* To look for ways to utilise as much existing infrastructure in the design as is possible and practical
* To take responsibility for statutory notices and wayleaves
* Ownership of Instigating and managing Field surveys
* Responsible for sourcing and onboarding Civils Subcontractors and monitoring their performance
* To drive the continuous improvement of blockage clearance time
* Manage Streetworks inspections and defects in a timely manner
* To review implemented designs and re-iterate the planning guidelines to improve the overall quality and cost effectiveness of the network design
* Flexibility to work across multiple aspects of the E2E planning process
* Knowledge of PIA product and experience of planning using PIA will be an advantage
* Ensure KPI's are hit based on; Deadlines for project areas, fibre pack completion rates, quality and technical standards being met
* Work with key stakeholders and other teams to give the best possible outcomes for your team Manager, prioritise and delegate the teams work
* Undertake and supervise As-Built process including timely submissions
* Supervise and carry out field surveys.
* Implement quality KPI reports and up to date Board & SLT feedback at the right time
* Deliver quality planning projects to the agreed deadline/timescale
* Current and proficient user of GiS systems/tools for FTTP design would be an advantage
* Excellent leadership & communication skills
* A proven ability to motivate teams
* Expert level technical skills required to manage a planning team
* Understanding of Fibre and civil networks
* Previous experience of planning using PIA
* Understanding of the deployment methods used in telecoms
* Experience with FTTP, pulled fibre designs and XGSPON
* Experience in the end to end FTTP network planning process & supporting systems
* Qualified NRSWA Unit 2 &10
* MS Office knowledge
* Working knowledge of Street Manager (was ETON) and permitting process
A degree would be advantageous, and you will have at least five years' experience in network planning, or related business disciplines.
Your skills and personal attributes
* An exceptional communicator who can build relationships with ease and displays expert level written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise across a range of conflicting interests, dealing with rapidly evolving priorities effectively
* Exemplary attention to detail, capable of taking in large amounts of information accurately whilst remaining highly, analytical and numerate
* Extensive experience of managing stakeholders and engaging multi-market teams, at senior management level
* Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and business understanding
* Ability to collaborate with vendors and employees
* Actively seeks opportunities to keep up to date with all new developments in the broadband space
* A proactive attitude and willingness to adapt to the requirements of a fast-growing organisation with the ability to influence at all work levels
* Role models personal integrity which has proven to inspire and gain commitment from a loyal team
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.