- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Consultant: Submarine Cables Manager
The Consultant Submarine cable manager will be responsible for the commercial management of the clients submarine cable investments.
This involves managing recovery of existing investments, pricing, business cases for investments in new cables, demand and needs forecasting, capacity management, billing and settlement.
The role will be Accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Manage all commercial activities related to existing customer investments in submarine cables, including managing and monitoring the recovery of international infrastructure investment costs
- Manage all commercial activities related to the investments in new subsea cable initiatives, including building the investment and business cases and supporting the decision on prioritisation of investments
- Manage the cable consortia partners and lobby within the cable consortia to ensure the company's' interests are accounted for and that decisions taken are in line with the company's' strategy
- Ensure that the project plans for new subsea investments are carried according to the plans to ensure the realization of the business case and company's return on investment
- Coordinate with commercial consortia counter-parts to ensure timely billing and settlement of the Group items (both in-bound and out-bound)
- Provide information internally as in relation to sub-sea cable capacity billing
- Ensure processes and governance relating to commercial sub-sea cable activities are effective
- Define planning, delivery, contracting and management of international capacity trading, including swaps of submarine cable, terrestrial and other capacity and connectivity
- Assist in financial aspect of recommendations towards implementing strategic changes to subsea cable assets plans
- Ensure effective participation in the required regulatory process to ensure required permissions are obtained for implementation of infrastructure projects and platforms
- Coordinate with Company's OpCo and GEBU liaisons to gather inputs to understand international infrastructure needs and current as well as anticipated international capacity demand
- Provide inputs to quarterly analysis of Opco and Group-wide demand forecasts and trends with a view to managing any market and capacity availability risks
- Produce timely and reliable regular demand and revenue forecasts
- Provide ad hoc performance reports, performance scorecard targets and plans related to submarine cable projects, capacity and business
- Participate in subsea cable commercial sub-committees where appropriate
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree (BBA, Engineering /Computer Science)
- Post graduate qualification MBA/Masters (Economics, Engineering /Computer Science) preferred
- English, French and Arabic (an advantage)
- 5+ years relevant commercial experience in the fixed line international telecommunication industry preferably in enterprise/carrier business
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- R&D investment creating 5G job opportunities
As the race to 5G heats up, telecoms giants are investing huge money in creating a 5G-enabled network. With huge investment,...
- Why demand is growing for 5G-ready telecoms engineers
New research predicts there’ll be 22 million new 5G-related jobs by the year 2035. Find out what particular skills are in hi...