- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Director: Fibre Technology & Operations
One of our Telecommunication clients within the Tower Infrastructure space is hiring!
Our client is looking to hire a Director for Fibre Technology & Operations to be based in their Johannesburg
The client has invested in fibre infrastructure in several markets and is looking at scaling such investments
in existing and new markets. Their vision on fibre is on building a wholesale model to predominantly MNOs
If you meet the requirements to grow the business, please get in touch!
- Architecture and technology strategy: Establish, document and communicate a 5-10year roadmap of technologies and network architecture.
Define, document and communicate design rules for the different fibre segments, ensure adequate execution at the local market level.
- Technical sales/BD support: Assist local markets in key customer meetings (MNOs and/or ISPs), to promote clients' shared infrastructure model and assist customers evaluating moving to a leasing model.
- Technical due diligence:
During the purchase process of fibre companies or the sale-and-lease-back of fibre assets from MNOs or ISPs, the Director will be responsible for conducting thorough technical due diligence.
Providing the M&A team with an assessment of network viability and a detailed estimate of required capex and Opex to reach their desired level of network performance and futureproofing.
- Equipment vendor management:
Will need to identify and engage a larger community of vendors, to ensure knowledge of the fibre technology roadmaps.
This task will be supported by the Supply Chain Manager reporting to the CFO.
- Fibre-specific IT roadmap and implementation:
In conjunction with the IT team, the Director Fibre Technology & Operations will be responsible for defining and supporting the implementation of the OSS and BSS roadmap.
IT integration with ISPs and MNOs shall be included, as required.
SLA and KPI alignment; set a common set of KPIs and SLAs across markets, and ensure they are consistent with customer commitments
- Local operation organizations: You will ensure that the local market have the right operations team set-up to deliver customers' expectations.
Key operations leadership position in market will be assessed, and should changes be required, the Director Fibre Technology & Operations will work with the regional leadership teams to implement such changes
- Common operations tools and processes: The Director Fibre Technology & Operations will define the strategy for operations tools and processes, including NOC, helpdesks, subcontractor selection and management, while ensuring appropriate documentation and training to the local teams.
- Capex and Opex management
- Supply chain and procurement
- Transformational programs
- Team leadership
Demonstrated success and proven track record in managing fibre networks from a technology design and operations, preferably for Tier 1 MNO/ISP.
Extensive relationships with technology partners, industry consultants, infrastructure funds, fibre providers in Africa, educators and telecommunications industry thought leaders in the domain of fibre and its connections with the wireless infrastructure
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.