- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Fibre Planning Team Lead
I'm looking for experience Fibre Planners for a Team Lead Role in London. This exciting position comes with lots of benefits such as: 25 days holiday+ 1 moving day+1 charity day, Medical cover / Life Insurance
- You will be responsible for the day to day productivity of the Planning team, managing work volumes and priorities in line with business requirements.
- Prioritising and scheduling all work activities for the team
- Ensuring that KPI'such as fibre pack output/build completion rates, quality, utilisation of the passive network and technical standards are being controlled and achieved.
- Monitoring, reporting and escalating fibre planning and fibre capacity issues within the network deployment.
- Working with the GIS Team Leader, Head of Planning and other managers to integrate the fibre planning/network inventory platform with other G.Network platforms.
- Providing accurate weekly reporting on throughputs of fibre work packs for core, street unit and building connections.
- Working cross-functionally with the civils team to deliver ready for service street cabs
- Delegating work and projects across the Planning team, and re-assigning resources and priorities according to the business needs.
- Identifying performance and training gaps and managing personal development of each member of the team.
- Supporting and mentoring team members
- Working with the Head of planning, to set, monitor and review performance targets for the team
- Working with the Head of Planning and the GIS team leader to support high quality KPI reporting
- Developing a strong rapport and communications approach with the Installations and Provisioning managers and supervisors
- Working within the engineering department to develop planning processes inline with a delivery oriented approach
- You will offer a mix of technical and person management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and motivating a team to drive high performance levels
- Understanding of fibre and civils network topologies and associated equipment
- Understanding of the relevance of fibre to existing and developing technologies and protocols like 5G, IOT, XGSPON, ITU-G984
- Understanding actual fibre deployment methods, associated risks, optical budgets.
- Strong experience of asset inventory/ fibre planning systems
- Strong leadership skills and ability to set a good example to others
- Experience in passive infrastructure network planning, particularly in FTTx, MAN, pulled and blown fibre designs.
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in your work
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.