- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
General Manager - Telco Infrastructure CPT or JHB
My Client is a rapidly growing, organic telco infrastructure company, that operates in the US and various locations in Africa.
Operations started in 2007 and expanded into Africa in 2014. They currently own and operates over 1000 assets worldwide.
This position is responsible for the South African market covering acquisition, build out and operation of current & new telecom assets in country and providing overall guidance and leadership to the business to maximize long term value.
Salary: Market related
Detailed Job Description:
Permanent opportunity to be based from JHB or CPT for the right candidate.
This position is responsible for the acquisition, build out and operation of current & new telecom assets in South Africa and providing overall guidance and leadership to the business to maximize long term value.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate all internal and customer facing operations of Company and site management business in South Africa.
- These duties include; managing all direct and indirect functional operations including Site Development, Marketing, Leasing, Business Development, Operations, New Site Builds, M&A, Accounting, HR, Legal. In some disciplines (mainly HR, Legal, Accounting) the corporate team will have involvement in the guidance of the workflow and processes.
- Locate existing assets that Company may be interested in purchasing and work with the M&A team to analyze and bid, contract and close if appropriate.
- Develop new infrastructure build and other telecom infrastructure opportunities (small cells, DAS, etc) for Company to develop.
- Manage the site acquisition process, the permitting process, and the construction process, assuring adequate quality control, cost effectiveness and timeliness.
- Manage a customer support, maintenance and repairs team of tower operations personnel. Support new customer applications and installations, routine maintenance of the tower, grounds and access, and repairs as needed.
- Help to evolve the local business to take maximum advantage of companies considerable back office personnel and systems to achieve best mix of local effectiveness and overall financial performance.
- Interface with HQ groups to assure compliance with Company defined processes and procedures. Insure there is adequate communication and compliance on key issues.
- Manage the business to comply with approved budgets and to maintain the expected level of growth in the market.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professionally manage multiple levels of employees and contractors to help them achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Hire, train, develop and supervise local team.
- Provide development plans for staff as needed.
- Counsel and terminate staff as deemed necessary in conjunction with Human Resources.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in related field required.
- 10-15 years' experience in the wireless deployment and telecommunications infrastructure and/or carrier businesses with strong leadership.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge and ability to work with MS Outlook, Word and Excel, and the Internet.
- Must be fully bilingual (Afrikaans/ English).
- Ability to read and interpret reports and documents in Afrikaans and English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and co-workers in both South Africa and Corporate Headquarters.
- General Manager; Country Manager; Towerco; Telecommunications; Bilingual
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.