- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Software Development Manager
Our client, one of the biggest technology based solutions company is looking for a skilled Software Development Manager, based in the Southern Suburbs.
You need proven software development capability including hands-on coding expertise.
You also need extensive IT management with direct reports and development experience
Knowledge of the Microsoft development suite including MS SQL server
Solid understanding and knowledge of Microsoft .NET development
Detailed Job description:
Software Development Manager:
Cape Town, South Africa
- Establish technology standards and ensure compliance across all product lines.
- Recruit and retain effective talent for the team.
- Ensure teams are using the appropriate tools and processes in the most effective manner
- Develop and implement Centre of Excellence for the software development team members
- Coach and mentor employees in all aspects of software and career development
- Engage in ongoing collaboration with General Managers, Product Managers, Project Managers and other teams to continually strive for transparent and efficient working relationships.
- Maintain and evolve measurement tools to assess the team's effectiveness and report regularly to teams and leadership
- Implement and manage change within the team and across the organization
- Making process improvements as needed to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences.
- Collaborating closely with and assisting technical operations teams as required to ensure timely delivery of new systems that are fast and robust.
- Experience working with the AWS and/or Azure platforms
- Extensive experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
- Microsoft .NET (primarily), MS SQL, Java, C#, Agile, Scrum, Project Management
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.