- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Core Fibre Planner
Fibre Links, OTDR, FTTP, DWDM
Experience in PoP, Exchange and Telecoms environments is essential as well as customer site and core/fundamental/trunk planning.
The preferred candidates will be experienced in fibre and transmission technologies, C/DWDM, GIS technologies, PIA and ideally will have worked with UK Operators.
Main Outline Duties and Person Requirement:
- Network Planning Confirm accuracy and validity of client supplied data Confirm exchange and PoP areas ensuring site connectivity
- Finalise area boundaries and confirm site data count Plan backhaul and fibre trunk network, between BTOR exchange and customer PoP Allocate fibres through the trunk network, between client site, customer PoP and site PoP Engage with Core teams requesting fibre capacity where necessary
- Ensure sufficient resilience has been included in the relevant site design solution Create a suite of Fundamental Network Planning documentation
- Provide a technical lead and primary contact for all technical aspects of the design
- Confirm validity and accuracy of client supplied data and precise site location Collate and review all available data sources including GComms, BTOR PIA portal & customer premise data
- Schedule technical site survey updating all trackers and workflow management systems
- Undertake highway and site surveys complying with customer H&S requirements Detailed Network Planning of each site capturing all required information and data through mark-ups and photographs
- Ensure sufficient resilience has been included in the site design solution Capture and survey all potential BTOR infrastructure that may be incorporated to the site solution Create a suite of detailed network planning documents Document assumptions made through planning process Cable Drop Pack Confirm validity of client supplied data and precise BT Exchange location Ensure sufficient resilience has been included in the site design solution Collate and review all available data sources including GComms, BTOR PIA portal and customer premise data Schedule technical site survey updating all trackers and workflow management systems Undertake highway and site surveys complying with customer H&S requirements Detailed Network Planning of each site capturing all required information and data through mark-ups and photographs Capture and survey all potential BTOR infrastructure that may be incorporated to the site solution Create a suite of detailed network planning documents Document assumptions made through planning process Experience in the following areas would be of benefit: Scheduling and prioritisation of planning work activities Progress reporting on planning work activities Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements Creation of detailed job pack for build - delivering cost savings against physical specifications
- Good understanding of requirements for creation of build job packs - including all accompanying documentation for utility stats, street gazetteer, detailed network plans with work point instructions, CDM, Bills of Material etc
- Augmenting existing plans with legacy equipment, to include/feed new network extensions utilising the latest equipment and using the latest design specifications.
- Liaison with any local authority agents and any other third parties as part of overall planning role Highlight and escalate major design variances to the planning base Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information
- Ensure accurate completion of all planned submissions and work is completed on time
- Become proficient to highlight and escalate major design variances through the project team
- Knowledge of GIS systems Typical personal attributes (skills, aptitude and understandings) might include: Core and Access Fibre Network Planning experience Civils Planning experience Planning knowledge out to the homes across legacy and current Cable/Telco access network topologies Proven track record of planning successful projects
- A telecoms background coupled with a planning background is required for this position - you may have worked for one of the major UK telcos which would be an advantage, in particular Virgin Media
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a 'can do' attitude
- Previous use of GIS systems would be useful - Gcomms, Smallworld, AutoCad
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business. A total awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures for working in the UK is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.