- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
Use new algorithms and methodologies from open source initiatives to create ML to solve real, complex problems using petabytes of unclean data to develop the overlay to the OS that will power the next generation of low-latency wireless & IoT.
Network intelligence and automation are crucial to the evolution of 5G, IoT and industrial digitalization. As 5G-enabled technologies develop, operators will need to increase their network capacity. But with additional capacity, comes additional complexity.
To meet these new challenges, we have introduced engineering solutions that combine machine learning and human ingenuity across our portfolio to enable networks to self-learn, self-optimize and deliver optimal user experience, allowing you to capitalize on the opportunities of 5G.
Network intelligence. Engineered.
The future lies in machines and humans engineering intelligence, together. 'Network intelligence. Engineered' combines the two, enabling operators to become the drivers behind the evolution to 5G.
Engineered network intelligence give operators the ability to scale-up and automate operations in parallel with the growth of their network, resulting in significant performance and efficiency advantages, such as a 2X faster inter-frequency handover time and up to a 30 percent reduction in dispatches of field technicians.
The time to implement a smart approach to 5G-enabled technologies has arrived.
- Reduce operational expenditure (OPEX) in future RAN transport by 50 percent by automating transport configuration to cope with the rising complexities in networks.
- Improve inter-frequency handover times by 2X with an AI-based handover, leading to fewer drop calls and a seamless end-user experience.
- Achieve energy efficiencies of up to 10 percent by using machine-learning algorithms that predict traffic patterns and put cells into dormant mode without impacting user experience.
- Accurately predict network traffic months in advance with an AI-enabled predictive model for traffic growth, and implement network impact analysis to address potential bottlenecks.
- Simplify field operations, including the building and troubleshooting of radio sites, which become significantly easier with Connected Technician
- Reduce field dispatches of on-site service technicians by up to 30 percent. By predicting risk malfunctions, Radio Site Analytics provides actionable recommendations directly to Network Operation Center personnel and field technicians.
They are looking for Machine Learning Engineer to significantly expand their global team for AI acceleration in Santa Clara.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will need to have strong programming skills and strong understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. You will use your knowledge and/or experience in Data Science methodologies apply them to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other DS in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability by accelerating current offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of ML driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within the organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solution addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams to industrialize machine learning models and solutions offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI's needs
To be successful; one should have:
- MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Physics, or related field
- Applied experience: 2+ years of Machine Learning experience
- Proven experience writing production-grade software/algorithms/models
- Experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Programming skills in various languages (Python, C++, Scala, Java OR R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Understanding of Machine Learning, e.g.: linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers addressing their functionalities, scalability and overall industrialization viability
- Statistics knowledge, e.g.: descriptive analysis and supervised and unsupervised analysis
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Big Data
- How AI specialists help lead the education revolution
Growing demand to introduce AI-focused technologies into classrooms is providing more opportunities for Data Scientists, Big...
- 5 high paying AI jobs and the skills you need to get them
Expert in AI? Chris Rosebert details five of the highest paying jobs in the AI field and how you can earn yourself these imp...