- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
2nd Line Support Engineer
The purpose of this job is to support the Council’s ICT strategy, customer focus strategy and access strategy. A member of the team providing the support of the corporate desktop, server farm, storage infrastructure, remote access and other related services to Council, ensuring the provision to customers of professional, comprehensive, responsive, efficient and effective, high quality services that exceed the requirements of the relevant service level agreements.
• Technical expertise and assistance to the Service Desk, remote workers and remote sites (visiting where necessary).
• Support the desktop hardware and software environment, blackberrys, mobile phones and iPads.
• Infrastructure support, implement, re-image, replace and upgarde PCs and laptops.
• Maintenance of technical documentation and ICT procedures.
• Support of Council Members.
• Structured analysis of and a creative approach to problem solving.
• Maintain effective communication with users, operations staff and third party support staff.
• Adhering to ITIL best practice.
• Carry out any additional duties not listed above as allocated by the Head of ICT Strategy.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Public Sector
- 5 tips to tweak your CV for success
When applying for a role within a certain field, tweaking your CV ever so slightly towards the role can heighten your chance...
- 7 tips for a successful video interview
Do you have a video interview coming up for a tech job? Are you wondering how you should prepare? Find some useful tips for...