- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Application Developer (RUBY Experience Required) FT + Benefits
Join a closely-knit team of open-source programmers with mixed backgrounds and skill sets as we work on full-stack application development projects to solve interesting problems for a programmatic ad technology platform.
PERFECT CANDIDATE is an 8+ year full-stack, open-source developer/architect. Someone that is hands-on and good at design patterns, testing, refactoring, high-level architecture.
Salary is fairly open.
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER:
· At least 8 years of Web Development work part of which is using some sort of server-side language and MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails, Django, etc.
· Strong OOP / OOD skills. Enjoys writing clean, dry code. Might know a design pattern or two.
· TDD and/or some background in writing automated unit and integration tests (there isn't a QA team on-site)
· Relational Databases and SQL
· Good communication skills and plays well with others
· A ravenous curiosity
NICE TO HAVES:
· Ruby, Ruby on Rails-our primary development platform. We don't require you to already know it, but you'll have to become comfortable with Ruby and Rails.
· Angular JS
· Redis or other NoSQL solutions
· Resque or similar background processing frameworks (Sidekiq, beanstalk)
· Concurrency / Multi-threading
· TDD/ BDD, RSpec (minitest, test-unit, bacon, wrong, riot), Jasmine (Ava, Tape, Mocha, Jest)
· Design Patterns / Domain-Driven Design
· Functional Programming languages, especially Elixir or Erlang (beam)(Haskell, Clojure, Coq)
· Development in any other languages: Python, Java, R, Clojure, C/C++, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Beyond the basics of a competitive compensation package, we have company-sponsored happy hours, a relaxed culture, Foosball breaks, and catered meals.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.