- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Become a Site Reliability Engineer for one of the fastest growing security companies in the world. Collaborate on building cutting edge technology to combat cyber threats using machine learning algorithms to detect advanced threats.
- Help maintain back-end services like our Hadoop data warehouses in Cloud environment
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our customer facing services in cloud infrastructure
- ability to learn deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to new cloud infrastructure our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second and thrid-tier escalations.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 3+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- Experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience deploying and configuring infrastructure in any cloud vendor like AWS, GCP and Azure
- 3+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web/distributed system operations role.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Experience with automation tool such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet as well as having experience with additional 3rd party containerization tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation with object oriented design.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and distributed filesystem
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.