- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
RAN Hardware Architect
Networkers Technology have parnted with a leading telecoms OEM to find a RAN Hardware Architect to join them on a full time permanent basis.
As the RAN Hardware Architect you will be responsible for researching, designing, and boue client' next generation of Radio Access products whilst also contributing to the existing product lines.
Your RAN Hardware Architect responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing new leading-edge network radio and, compute solutions from conception through production.
- Analyzing hardware requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Identifying and engaging with potential partners for designing, verification and commercial manufacturing of RAN products.
- Consulting with engineering, quality and operations team members to evaluate operational and performance requirements of product.
- Working with Hardware Engineers in Digital, RF, and FPGA domains to develop requirements and test methodology implementation.
- Participating in technical reviews of product requirements.
- Participating in schematic and layout reviews.
- Developing functional tests to support quality assurance.
As the RAN Hardware Architect your backhtound and qualifications will include:
- BS degree (BSEE strongly preferred, MSEE a plus) or the equivalent in training and experience.
- 10+ years hardware development experience in communications-related product design.
- Minimum of 7+ years' experience in HW design for Telecom Systems.
- Background in cellular networks with focus on LTE and 5G technology.
- Experience with L1-L3 level design, manufacturing and integration testing for Base Stations.
- Knowledge of RF testing concepts.
- Experience with Ethernet switching or routing products.
- Validation of design via physical measurements and functional test.
- Experience using PCB layout tools (ex: Cadence OrCAD, Allegro etc).
- Packet communications protocols and switching networks.
- Intermediate level Verilog or VHDL coding for FPGA/CPLD.
- Familiar with C/C++/Assembly as required to develop, test and debug embedded system designs.
- Validation of design via writing, compiling and execution of test code, drivers.
- Deep understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 Access/Edge networking technologies.
- Competence in LTE/5G network for both RAN and Core.
- Experience/technical knowledge required: Optical networking, Carrier Ethernet, WiFi & PON technologies.
- Familiarity with virtual machines, NFV and SDN concepts and SaaS desired.
- Experience with Fiber and Copper based Access systems.
- Expertise with Open Source and industry open networking efforts.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.