- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Security Threat Research Engineer
Networkers Technology have partnered with a growing Magic Quadrant leading Cyber Security company in the Addison area. To find several Security Threat Research Engineer's to work with them on a full-time basis.
Our client has seen significant growth, despite the pandemic. They have had no layoffs or holds on recruiting. They can offer you long term career stability and growth.
As well as some cool benefits such as unlimited PTO and 70% coverage on healthcare for you and any dependents.
As the Security Threat Research Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing attack baselines and using threat research results to operationalize findings into security analytics and detections for our clients advanced Security Analytics and Threat Detection platform.
- Contributing to the Security R&D efforts of our clients cutting-edge Threat Research & Labs team
- Developing ways to detect threat activity using security analytics, machine learning, behavioral analysis.
- Analyzing latest threats in the lab.
- Reproducing real-world attacks.
- Analyzing security log data to identify adversary activity.
As the Security Threat Research Engineer your background and experience will include:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands-on SOC analyst experience.
- SIEM experience with HPArcsight, IBM Qradar, Splunk, AlienVault, LogRhythm etc.
- Linux/Windows System Administration including setting up and configuring VMs, configuring Windows AD etc.
- Python and Shell programming for attack/threat research, malware analysis, and security testing
- Hands-on experience with MySQL and SQL queries/DBMS.
- Performing threat research focused on attacks and malicious activities.
- Practical proficiency in network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic understanding of malware.
- Working knowledge of common TTPs used by threat actors.
- Experience with security monitoring and detection, network traffic analysis, log aggregation and correlation
- High desired strong practical experience in a related field including:
- CTF competitions
- Network and Software security
- Incident Response
- Security Analytics
- Threat Monitoring and Detection
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Vulnerability Exploitation
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.