- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Cloud Security Threat Research Engineer
Networkers Technology have partnered with a growing cyber security company to find a Cloud Security Threat Research Engineer with a minimum of 4 years and expert knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and/or GCP, APIs, and logging capabilities.
Your Cloud Security Threat Research Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Responsibilities include researching and configuring SIEM and UEBA threat detection capabilities for cloud platforms and products.
- Partnering with the Threat Research team on active or emerging threats on cloud environments.
- Leveraging Threat Intelligence tools and techniques to hunt for threats.
- Researching and implementing techniques for threat detection and response in a cloud-native, rapidly evolving environment.
- Acting as a subject matter expert during incident postmortems to educate stakeholders and drive improvements in detection and response capabilities.
- Hold the ability to develop and maintain custom detection queries using cloud-native data platforms in AWS or GCP.
- Performing deep dive analysis of logs and malicious artifacts
- Analyzing large and unstructured data sets to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities
- Creating security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale
As the Cloud Security Threat Research Engineer your prior background will include:
- 3+ years of experience in analysis of collected evidence artifacts for incident response and/or detection research.
- 3+ years of experience in Event Log analysis and Audit for Cloud and SaaS.
- Expert knowledge of AWS and/or GCP security controls, APIs, and logging capabilities
- Experience running threat monitoring/hunting activities across a large environment with distributed providers, log sources, and assets.
- Expertise in Cloud / SaaS incident analysis and response or threat hunting in one or more cloud solutions such as AWS and GCP
- Familiar with attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to hunts, investigations, and incident response.
- Familiarity with compliance rules and regulations for cloud platforms
- Experience developing detection content on SIEM/UEBA platforms
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover issues, and identify needs
- Experience with SIEM and data analysis tools like ELK, Splunk, StreamAlert, Kinesis, Hive, or Kafka
- Cloud / SaaS incident analysis and response (AWS, Azure, G Suite, O 365).
- Experience in developing tools for cloud infrastructure analysis, network traffic analysis and the detection of malicious code in serverless infrastructure.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.