- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Communications Distribution Designer
Our customer has asked Networkers to find an RCDD Engineer, PE or EIT, who will design the communications cable plant for LaGuardia Airport project. This is a ong-term project that will convert to Permanent Placement. REVIT required.
Staff Electrical Engineer / Communications Distribution Designer
Networkers is working with a leading engineering, construction, and consulting company. Our client needs an engineer
responsible for telecommunications engineering design and construction administration activities associated with typical
data distribution, utility service connections, security and access control systems found in aviation, federal, and
commercial sites. Strong preference for RCDD and PE certification. This position requires confidential access for the
current project, and much of our other work is for gov and DOD facilities. Candidate will be required to be badged
through LaGuardia airport for access to sterile areas. Contractor to Permanent Employee.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Able to develop telecommunications design documents for facilities encompassing, but not limited to the following: reliable and robust data networks, access control, security, CCTV and public address systems.
- Be able to work under a Senior Engineer's supervision and direction as well as perform independent design functions with little guidance.
- Design Panelboard distribution, dry type transformers, UPS systems, and PDU type distribution.
- Develop conceptual studies, narratives, and design.
- Responsible for the ongoing construction support of a multiyear, large profile project.
- Perform construction support services, including but not limited to: Shop drawing and submittal reviews, answering RFIs, change order reviews, attend site visits, and final punch list.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- All other duties as assigned.
- Provide communications design direction on multi-discipline projects.
- Enforce company and design standards and practices.
- Advise clients regarding telecommunications systems/requirements available to meet their needs
- Comply with safety codes.
- Primary work location is in customer offices in Manhattan
- Travel between Manhattan and LaGuardia Airport
- Up to 40% of the time will be at LaGuardia
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering
- 6 years of related experience in the design, installation and maintenance of communication distribution.
- Experience within the aviation and federal industries a huge plus.
- Professional Engineer (PE) strongly desired; will consider Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Possess knowledge of applicable electrical codes and standards.
- CAD and strong computer skills necessary to accomplish electrical design goals.
- Thoroughly familiar with REVIT is required; familiar with BMI and AUTOCAD are desired
- RCDD or BICSI Certification strongly desired
- Understanding of electrical power systems, including but not limited to:
- Willing to travel locally and spend time in the field, on site at LaGuardia
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Good customer contact, speaking and negotiation skills, work ethic, independent and, self-motivated
- REVIT software experience is required
- Work in the Field, away from office
- Qualify for Airport Badge
- PE and RCDD
- Contractor will transition to Permanent Employee
- Must be authorized to work inthe US for any employer
- No visa sponsorship available
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.