- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Senior Cloud System Engineer
Networkers is a global recruitment consultancy helping unite job-seekers and hiring companies across the technology industry. What makes us unique is our ability to offer a local service on a global scale.
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development.
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package.
For one of our clients in Barcelona, a multinational cloud-based software provider specialized in POS and retail solutions, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Systems Administrator/Engineer with experience in Azure. This person will:
- interface with stakeholders (external and internal) in order to determine their evolving needs and translate them to solution requirements.
- constantly analyze Openbravo Cloud Solution performance and configuration, note existing and anticipate future issues/risks and propose improvements
- research and pilot new Cloud technologies, trends, and innovative solutions.
- participate in the definition of high, mid and micro level plans
- deliver on above requirements
- hardware and its sizing
- network configuration
- disaster recovery
- monitoring systems
- maintenance & security
- cost-effective use of resources
What we're looking for
- Team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment
- 24x7 on-call availability in a team rotation basis
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in maintenance and evolution of cloud solutions, specially related to business software
- Experience in Microsot Azure
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning
- Shell scripting
- PostgreSQL or Oracle database administration (preferably PostgreSQL, knowledge of both is a huge plus)
- Tomcat (or other application server)
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup
- Server monitoring tools (for example, Munin)
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (for example, AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic or others)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Cloud
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...