- About us
- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Deskside Support Engineer
At Unisys, we are looking for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer for one of our key clients, Unilever, to work in a front desk role in a walk-in service type capacity.
At Unisys, we are looking for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer for one of our key clients, Unilever.
In this role, you will be performing BSC, desk side assistance, B/F and IMAC services.
You will also be
- monitoring and administering a ticket system ITSM (Service Requests, Incident and IMAC'S),
- contacting staff to resolve issues within the office and some field staff repairing devices and
- solving software issues and various deskside related tasks, all in a walk in service type capacity.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Demonstrable experience supporting a Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 8.1) environment at a 2nd line level.
- Installs, Moves, Add's & Changes (IMAC).
- General Desk Side Support type duties.
- Specific skills are required in MS Outlook, .PST files Retrieval / Mapping and Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint and Skype for Business
- Day to day support tasks to UK based mobile devices- smart phones, tablets. Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose configuration and connectivity issues.
- Desktop and Laptop Installation & Configurations
- Installation & Configuration of Printers
- Ticket Issue Management (Remedy)
- Laptop / Desktop hardware (Dell laptops and desktops) break/fix skills - ability to isolate problem causes and replace defective components.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Excellent customer services and communication skills; ability to communicate to all levels of customer from office worker to executive level.
- Strong organisational skills; must be able to work individually and as part of a team (which may be virtual)
- Must be self-disciplined and organised; ability to work in pressurised environments and deliver results. Must be able to demonstrate strong administrative skills.
- Process Compliance. Must be able to work to documented processes and have the ability to challenge where existing processes either do not meet the end requirement or are lacking in detail.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centres, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications.
To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 20,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.