- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
We are currently seeking an innovative, dynamic and focussed Solution Architect to lead on a series of workstreams covering multiple teams and locations.
You will be part of a team that provides support and development to our Command and Control services for one of our Public Sector clients in London.
The team is responsible for maintaining a mission critical system that is a "system of systems" which is undergoing modernisation using Agile techniques and will incorporate the productisation of these systems as part of a broader effort to create a globally saleable 'Next Generation' Command & Control Solution.
In this role, you will have the opportunity and will be expected to:
- Take ownership and drive forward the future planning of the overall solution;
- Initiate and oversee the design and development of additional functionality and capabilities within the overall solution;
- Produce high quality design and architecture documentation (and review documentation produced by others);
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills; you will present concepts and proposals to a variety of audiences at different levels (technical and senior managerial staff, in both the customer organisation and Unisys);
- Act as Technical Design Authority;
- Assist the Scrum teams developing modern and innovative solutions for the client;
- Lead visualisation of architecture and documentation across a diverse range of technologies, including within a "system of systems" environment that includes mainframes
You are required to have (most of) the following skillset:
- Understanding of Web Services / Message Queuing / Service Oriented Architecture and other Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Familiarity with Database technologies
- Understanding of Windows and Linux
- Exposure to CTI telephone concepts
- Experience working within an Agile and DevOps methodology is preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS preferred
- Experience in a lead architect role is important
- Familiarity with TOGAF concepts is essential, and certification would be preferred
- Experience of an emergency response service environment would be an advantage
Candidates must be eligible for, and will be required to obtain and maintain, SC clearance for this post (already having clearance is advantageous)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.