- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Networkers Technology is looking for a Database Developer to join our global team responsible for Sybase and DB2 database plant in Reference Data.
The Database team is tasked with database development, source code management, change management, database deployment, database maintenance, infrastructure rationalization projects and other strategic RDBMS product evaluations.
Candidate must have strong interest and extensive experience in RDBMS technology; have experience with enterprise-scale, real time, highly accessed transactional databases and replication systems.
The person joining the team must be able to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where time to market is a key requirement without compromising on the quality and resiliency of the application.
Work will include database support and engineering, platform migration, database code line remediation, performance tuning and testing, infrastructure configuration analysis and documentation. The job will involve partnering with different teams within the organization in carrying out the above mentioned duties. It is essential to have excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to good planning, analytical and organizational skills.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
1.Database programming, performance optimization and trouble shooting.
2. Source code management and version control
3. Ensure data and schema consistency between multiple environments (development, QA, UAT and production).
4. Remediation of database hygiene issues.
5. Process and procedure documentation.
1. Hands on experience with one or more RDBMS platforms Sybase, DB2 or SQL servers.
2. Excellent T-SQL/ANSI skills and stored procedure development/ performance tuning experience.
3. Experience in Unix/Linux OS environments.
4. Scripting knowledge (Unix, Perl)
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Good understanding of release management process.
2. Exposure to Data modeling
3. Understanding of database replication
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.