- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Software Engineer - Java
One of the Networkers client located in the heart of Toronto, looking for a Software Engineer to work on our global payments system which needs high scalability, reliability, and availability.
In 2017, our client launched their Canada App, a consumer-facing mobile application allowing consumers to pay their bills using multiple payment options with no fees, earn points, and make peer-to-peer payments. They are one of the largest leading Payment gateways that offer comprehensive payment services for approximately 250 million customers and 7 million merchants.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in the programming language of your choice. They offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Build backend system supporting digital payment, wallet, and chat.
- Understand concurrency, distributed computing, messaging and algorithm, and know the trade-offs between frequent delivery and technologies.
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life - always go to the root cause!
- Strong fundamentals in the data structure, algorithm, and object-oriented programming.
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Ruby, or Scala.
- Implement platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
- NoSQL experience.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
What our client Offer:
- We are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work!
- A collaborative, open work environment that fosters ownership, creativity, and urgency.
- Enrollment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from the day you start working, no waiting period.
- We believe in hard work, fun, innovation, and team building. Every other month, we plan an activity to celebrate that. So far, we've gone biking, axe-throwing, bowling, indoor rocking climbing, and go-karting (to name a few).
- Chocolates & Snacks: Our "Chief Chocolate Officer" is in charge of stocking high-quality chocolates for all.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.