- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
We are seeking a seasoned Hadoop Developer. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact
What we are looking for?
* Leading development efforts in ingesting and transforming data from various sources. Building scripts, writing specifications and responsible for end to end delivery of data
* Develop and test code from design specifications, as well as implement and support enhancements to applications
* Provide technical expertise in medium to complex projects as a Technical Lead capable of providing guidance and advise to the team
* Has some hands-on experience working in an agile environment and knowledge of waterfall as a methodology and can adhere to team and organization standards.
* Works in close collaboration with Architects and other cross functional team members in creating design documents, outlining overview, diagrams, technical requirements and solution that best addresses a business needs.
* Participate in technical discussions, client meetings and presentation of solutions to the technical team members as well as Business
* Participate in code review of peers and junior team members and recommend suggestions for improvement where appropriate to ensure high quality product
* Provide leadership in production support issues and carry after-hours support phone on a rotational basis
* Develop ETL code and build packages based on existing standards and suggest improvements when possible
Are you the right person for the role? You Have:
* Scala/Python experience
* 10+ years of overall programming experience
* 3 - 5+ years' experience in Java development or in other Object-Oriented languages
* 3 - 5+ years' experience with relational databases with a good knowledge of SQL Scripting, database structures, principles and design theories is a must have
* 2-3 years or more of hands on Hadoop experience is a must have.
* Prior experience in the Capital Markets is desired but not mandatory
* Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
* Any Hadoop based certification is preferred
* SDLC experience and the supporting tools (ticketing, repos, branch management, Environment management)
Educational and Certification Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Downtown office
* We get stuff done but we have fun doing it
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.