- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
IT Project Engineer for Industrial Information Systems
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Engineer, coming from a background of project management, SAP or ERP, aware of IT technologies and methodologies, Technical skills of MRP, MES, IOT, Data management and or Digital Factories.
Join a great team!
The Information Management team has grown significantly in the past 3 years and with it has brought together a group of individuals with a wide range of skills. During this time the team has built a positive reputation for delivery and is held in high regard amongst our colleagues.
We are a team that truly believes in a sense of team, and we try to reinforce this with informal events / gatherings as well as off site events. The team are strong advocates of training & development being available to all. We aim to provide a supportive & inclusive environment for all and where possible opportunities to further your career.
Working within the Group Industrial department and reporting to the Head of UK Industrial, you will:
- Be a key IS Liaison between both the Business and the Programme teams, especially for our ERP upgrade program.
- Lead IS Industrial projects & support activities at local level and take part in Group level projects.
- Strengthen the presence of the Industrial team in UK with our internal customers and digital transformation initiatives.
- Contribute on innovation activities at group and local level e.g. digital enabled manufacturing improvement projects and re-use of existing solutions (SAP & MES) etc.
- Contribute to growing business added value through management of a catalogue service to end users and continuous service improvement.
- Enable the operational delivery of industrial services to UK users.
As part of your activities, you will:
- Work with senior customers and end-users to analyse the needs of all business units (Technical, Production and Support).
- Manage UK and International industrial IS projects with respect to cost, schedule and quality.
- Provide timely reports to project steering committees and control boards.
- Manage and coordinate the internal and external customers, suppliers and vendors involved in the project.
- Be a driving force to propose innovative, new, effective and value for money Industrial solutions.
- Work at both UK and International level with France, Italy and Germany
What we're looking for
- SAP or other ERP experience would be beneficial
- Experience within an engineering / manufacturing environment would be valued but not crucial
- Project management experience within a medium to large company (whilst not, essential knowledge and / or qualifications in a recognised project management framework would be beneficial)
- An awareness of IT technologies & methodologies would also be beneficial
- Technical skills / experience of MRP, MES, IOT, Data management & Digital Factories would be advantageous.