- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Cyber Security Engineer
- Experience of MOD e.g CyDR, JSP 604, NCSC CAF and HMG regulations and other departmental IT in defence and security.
- Ability to work in small teams, highly specialised technology areas across diverse projects.
- Experience of cross-security domain approaches and solutions.
- Understanding of threats in a government, mission and critical national infrastructure environment.
- A working knowledge of IT Security risk assessment processes and ability to identify a proportionate set of IT Security controls aligned with business objectives.
- In depth assessment of IT systems, services and IT Security controls to provide an independent view of their compliance and effectiveness with Security Policy, IT Security standards and external regulatory requirements.
- Assessing architectural designs to determine whether the relevant IT Security controls have been identified in line with business objectives and risk mitigation.
- Analysis, creation and compilation of relevant documentation determining the compliance level of systems and services, technical security controls with applicable certification, accreditation, and internal policy requirements
- Stakeholder engagement; promoting a mind-set of developing secure systems, transferring knowledge of security standards / processes and acting as a subject matter expert (SME)