- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
The ServiceNow Dev will be responsible for managing the platform and its BAU activities. To ensure it operates efficiently and effectively, and that it complies with best practices and that the right governance and controls in place.
They will create, build, manage, test, and implement changes to the ServiceNow platform. They act as the main point of contact for all technical requirements ensuring all ServiceNow work is managed and controlled by them
They should be capable of capturing user requirements for new features, enhancements or builds. Ensure all updates and changes are tracked recorded and managed complying to internal Service Management and Agile practices.
They will manage access, controls, costs, and licenses ensuring the appropriate users have appropriate roles to perform their duties or actions they are only required to do. They will be required to provide and create the required documentation relating to the ServiceNow Platform when required.
Reporting directly to the Head of Service Management the will support decision making, assist in planning roadmaps, design, and manage a work intake process.
They will prioritise and manage workload ensuring they are delivered according to estimated timelines.
Candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge and experience as a developer, is self-motivating to achieve common goals. They'll thrive in a fast-paced business environment with an emphasis on positive change and adaptive working practices.
- Be responsible for managing the ServiceNow platform end to end by ensuring the platform is managed, maintained, stable, continually improved/enhanced and increasing the capabilities.
- The role involves designing, configuring, developing, troubleshooting, and implementing baseline and if required custom applications to enhance the platform
- Understand the bigger picture by using large-scale thinking when working on projects
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with stakeholders and team members
- A ServiceNow developer must manage the platform to ensure stability and implement architectural changes, when necessary, in line with ServiceNow development best practices.
- Working closely with business stakeholders to have gained a good understanding of business processes/principles in these areas: ITSM, CSM, ITBM, Procurement & Asset Management, Reporting, Field Service, and Product Catalogue.
- Ability to review and understand business requires and translate into technical requirements to achieve the business objective.
- Developing client-focused solutions in the following modules - Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Knowledge Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Virtual Agent, Service Portal.
- The candidate must have an up-to-date ServiceNow Certification (e.g. Developer, Advanced System Administration, Certified System Administrator, etc.).
- Certified Systems Administrator
- Certified Implementation Specialist
- Certified Application Developer
- ITIL Foundation (V3/V4)
- Experience in service management methodologies including ITIL, business process re-engineering and/or quality initiatives.
- Experience in ServiceNow development and administration with proven track record in the design and development of new features and capabilities
- Experience with ServiceNow CMDB/ CSDM and Discovery, ITSM, Service Portal, Service Catalogue, Performance Analytics, and reporting.
- Advanced ServiceNow development skills - Business Rules, Client Scripts, Workflows, Form Design, UI Actions
- Experience with some or all the following modules: CSM, ITBM, ITOM, SAM.
- Implementation/extension and maintenance of CSM, with Agent workspace.
- Implementation/extension and maintenance of Service Catalog, with Service Portal.
- Integration Hub and spoke deployment
- REST and SOAP API - Integration development
- Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory.
- Understanding or experience in working in an Agile environment
- Minimum 1- 2 years' experience working a developer with the ServiceNow Platform
- Integration between ServiceNow and other systems,
- Experience of engaging and building successful relationships with stakeholders of the change management process, including senior management
- Solve challenging problems
- Work as a team with others
- Identify and manage priorities
- Deliver work to high standards
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way thangs are done