- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Full Stack Engineer - Java
Our client based in Oxfordshire is looking SC Cleared / SC Clearable Full Stack Engineer experienced in Java programming language.
The scope of work will include:
- Participating in the development of Ground Segment systems for current and future satellite missions for our customers in the European space industry.
- Working on a range of challenging projects, developing systems used for the automated monitoring and control of spacecraft.
- Planning and coordinating ground segment development activities with the customer.
- Supporting in defining the required tasks and technical objectives.
- Taking responsibility for the definition, documentation, and satisfactory completion of the project.
- Acting as interface to the customers and product owners.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing risks to the success of the project.
- Ensuring that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders.
- Communicating and coordinating project activities with the project team (RHEA staff, partners, subcontractors) and ensuring that priorities are developed and known.
- Ensuring Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Ensuring that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale.
- Contributing background skills, knowledge and experience towards the project completion.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent industrial experience.
- At least three years of experience working in ground segment development environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in managing complex projects and technical teams.
- Knowledge of space system engineering and design methodologies.
- Specific space domain knowledge would be a strong plus, in particular:
- EGS-CC system.
- SCOS-2000 mission control system.
- ECSS standards.
- CCSDS packet and MO standards.
- Good understanding of software development technologies and architectures applicable to the ground segment i.e. JAVA.
- Sufficient technical skills to actively participate in technical discussions with the project team and to enable a solution driven process.
- Strong knowledge of technical document writing - notably, user requirements, design documentation, and test documentation.
- Agile and flexible attitude.
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation preparations skills and ability to present in front of an audience.
- Good planner and able to follow more than one subject at a time.
- Dynamic and proactive attitude, with a strong commitment to the ongoing development and quality of the RHEA products.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Willing to travel when required.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.