- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
This role will work with the Enterprise Architecture team to play a pivotal role in defining and shaping solution architectures to reduce complexity and improve the end user journey.
You will be heavily involved in discussions with the business and work in an environment which is constantly changing. This can be system changes relating to regulations, constant systems upgrades, creating new interfaces to introduce new information feeds, making the core operational data available to analytics teams to continually improve our operation and the occasional implementation of a new system.
This role will work with the Enterprise Architecture team to play a pivotal role in defining and shaping solution architectures to reduce complexity and improve the end user journey. This role is the first and foremost lead on the detailed design for operations technologies and is responsible for realising the benefits of the architectures, ensuring long-term goals are achieved in line with our Enterprise IT and Technology strategies.
Requirements of the Role -
- Understand a broad range of technologies and architectural approaches, methodologies and frameworks with a pragmatic approach to their application and governance.
- Good knowledge of API and batch Integration technologies such as Red Hat JBOSS, MuleSoft, MS SSIS, Oracle SOA Suite.
- Working knowledge of Databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle or NoSQL.
- Practical experience and knowledge of infrastructure technologies including LAN, WAN, firewalls, server OS platforms (Windows, Linux), virtualisation/containerisation (MS Hyper-V, VMware, Docker etc), , on premise Data Centre hosting, and Cloud hosting such as AWS, MS Azure or Rackspace..
- Strong service attitude and the commitment to build and document quality technical solution designs ensuring coverage of all functional and non-functional requirements such and performance and Information Security
- Ability to deliver detailed technical architecture in a complex and changing landscape.
- Ability to lead vendors and participation in supplier forums to direct the future roadmap of the services
- Ability to translate complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within a business and to 3rd parties
- Ability to of challenge conventional ideas and assumptions related to operations services and solutions.
- Ability to engage stakeholders at all levels of the business and IT.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences.