- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Lead Azure Devops Engineer
Public sector client requires a Lead Azure Devops Engineer
Lead Azure Devops Engineer
Public sector client on the South Coast requires a Lead Azure Devops Engineer to:
* Develop, automate, standardise and streamline technical build and release processes in use across a wide SaaS, Azure PaaS and legacy application and Azure infrastructure estate.
* Work closely with project management and team members to provide DevOps support, guidance and implement changes
* Provide technical leadership, support, and guidance to DevOps team members to strengthen team delivery and skillsets
* Cover technical leadership and team resource allocation activities for the DevOps team during recruitment of Azure DevOps Manager
* Work hand in hand with the Release and Environments manager regarding the maintenance and development of the Dev, SIT, UAT and Prod. Environments hosted in the Azure platform.
* Maintain, guide, and develop continuous integration practices in the organisation by creating pipelines, automating build and release processes in Azure DevOps and work to standardise those processes across our application suite
* Support migration of IT infrastructure into Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud computing models
* Aid in the technical design and delivery of new systems with regard to continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and delivery
* Observe and recommend key benefits and improvements across all IT systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required
Excellent understanding of MS Azure technologies including experience designing continuous delivery for Azure App Services, Application Gateways, Virtual Networks and supporting resources (e.g., NSG, UDR, DNS, Private Endpoints)
* Excellent experience of using CI and CD tooling, e.g., Azure DevOps, TFS, to create build and release processes for different types of applications in a predominantly .NET ecosystem
* Strong experience and understanding of Agile values and principles, and in particular the use of Scrum and Kanban to plan, develop, test and deliver change through the value stream. Ability to mentor others in its use.
* Experience with configuring management and workflow automation tools, preferably with Terraform and PowerShell DSC
* Experience investigating and diagnosing problems with large-scale IT systems
* Good knowledge of automated testing tooling such as Selenium and Specflow, particularly in their use in continuous integration
* Knowledge of full software lifecycle development ideally gained through practical experience
* Knowledge of PowerShell, C#, .Net framework and SQL
* Familiarity with orchestration systems and containerisation, e.g. Kubernetes, Docker
* Experience with multiple Active Directory forests and domains. As well as Azure Active Directory
* Familiarity with Azure Hybrid environments
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.