- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Server Engineer Specialist (Band 7)
A Server Specialist Engineer is required for an 8 month contract (possibility of extension), based in Winchester, Hampshire.
This role is to start ASAP working inside IR35, paying up to 205 p/d dependant on experience.
The Server Specialist role is to support and maintain all operational activities of the IT server & storage
technical environments and the operational services it provides to its customers, as well as providing
specialist technical expertise in specific disciplines supported by the Server Team.
Although based in our Winchester Hospital your work will also include working from Basingstoke Hospital with
occasional visits to Andover Hospital and various satellite sites.
- Responsible for maintaining systems at high levels of availability, focused on improving system reliability and addressing recurring issues by recommending and implementing system improvements in line with internal change controls. There is a primary requirement to focus on the day-to-day business as usual production systems.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tickets within the ServiceDesk system in line with service level agreements and escalating any likely breaches.
- Responsible for capacity planning, ensuring sufficient resources exist to maintain systems in a highly available state.
- Ensure routine operational checks are completed and reporting, recording and resolving issues and where required, escalated and communicated.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise within the Trusts Server Systems and Infrastructure with a specialism
- Report to the Server Manager and collaborate directly with other members within the team and department.
- The engineer is expected to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the trust and its customers
- Windows Servers and Storage, including Hyper-V
- Server 2008 - 2019
- Active Directory, including Security, Group Policy, DNS
- VMWare 6.7/7, Nutanix HCI, Rubrik backups
- Systems management including:Office 365
- SQL Server 2008 - 2019, including Always On Availability Groups
- Application delivery platforms i.e. Citrix XenApp & Netscaler
- System Center Configuration Manager
- Managing system updates and upgrades with minimal impact on the production environment
- Responsible for documenting systems
- Disaster Recovery and System recovery planning
This role is to start ASAP and will pay up to £205 p/d (Umbrella), dependant on experience inside the scope of IR35
The rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.