- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst - Luton - 6 months - Up to £550 per day/Inside IR35 / Hybrid working available.
I am currently recruiting for a Business Analyst professional to join Customer Platforms Team, responsible for putting in place the foundations for easyJet's future CRM capabilities.
The Technology team you will join is highly collaborative and works across a broad range of stakeholders within Technology and the business, acting as ambassadors to help create a culture of quality and adherence to our established standards and practices.
At easyJet, we have a hybrid working model that sees our staff working from home and visiting our offices in Luton weekly.
To be the key liaison point between the business and IT, gaining understanding of business requirements and priorities in order to manage business expectations. To define and deliver the changes (in organisation, processes, roles, systems & technology) to satisfy a Business requirement, to the agreed time, cost and quality.
- Ensure that the full impact of business change on integration and dependant processes and systems are understood by carrying out structured analysis where necessary (e.g. documenting current and future business processes, data flow diagrams, data models, use cases etc.)
- Creating the information flows, processes and data structures to support the undertaken analysis
- Deliver the business requirements to timescales agreed with the Project Manager by planning and then driving the analysis phase of the projects
- Elicit the business requirements using appropriate techniques (interviews, analysis of current systems, workshops etc.
- Use Agile techniques when appropriate to drive requirements specification and product backlog, including epics, user stories, narratives etc.
- Document clear and concise business/functional requirements to the agreed standard, providing clear linkage to business benefits.
- Provide business requirements in a format that are easy for the development / software providers to work with and provides clear traceability through to the end product
- Ensure the business needs are understood and to ensure that the technical solution delivers the business requirements by supporting the software development teams (internal and external) during the development phases
- Ensure that the business stakeholders are satisfied that the solution meets their needs by planning and managing the User Acceptance Testing phase
- Working with the range of stakeholders to capture the requirements that would improve the IT services/products performance
- Support the Business case, by justifying the requirements of IT in business terms
- Assisting Service portfolio and improvement lead in enhancing the quality of IT products and services
- Working with the project manager to continuously manage the project requirements and their implementation timeline
- Bridging the gap between the technical specifications and business requirements
In line with the Competency Framework for job family M&P (Management & Professional) which cover:
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Customer and Shareholder Value. Understands who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both customers and employees.
- Business Performance. Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer term perspective and implications of decisions.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things , questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Methodical, logical and flexible in approach, you will have gained significant experience as a Business Analyst.
- With specific experience of business case support, project initiation, requirement capture, scope and change management, development support, UAT, Project early life support and benefits realisation, you will also have the ability to think laterally about the impact of changes.
- Stakeholder management
- Workshop facilitation
- Production of formal requirements documents
- Documenting current and future business processes, data flow diagrams, data models and use cases.
- Documenting using epics, user-stories, narratives, wireframes, product backlog and other Agile style deliverables.
- Managing user acceptance testing
- Prototyping solutions using appropriate tools
- Project planning (identifying who needs to be involved, taking into account the availability of others, dependencies between tasks etc.)
- Knowledge of analysis and development techniques e.g. SCRUM, Agile & Waterfall
- Airline/Retail experience
- The ability to think laterally about the impact of changes
- The ability to build close working relationships across the business and with suppliers
- The ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them in a simple manner
- The ability to communicate well on both a business and technical level, to all levels of the organisation
- Experience of and passion to deliver an exceptional service to internal customers
- Be an innovative and positive team player
- Be at ease with the low cost easyJet culture that is informal, friendly, open and passionate