- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Customer Support Engineer
As a key member of the Customer Support team, you will take responsibility for managing customers in the provision of technical support for a range of in service products.
As a key member of the Customer Support team, you will take responsibility for managing customers in the provision of technical support for a range of in service products. You will ensure that we deliver against our contractual support obligations through all stages of the product life cycle and take a leading role in the entry into service of new products.
To provide technical support, guidance and advice internally and externally for all PCS products at all stages of their life cycle
- Ensure that customer technical support issues are well managed and resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the business and our customers.
- Ensure the views and expectations of our customers are communicated within the business
- Work closely with our engineering and quality teams to ensure a smooth entry into service for matters under your responsibility for new products.
- To provide training to customers
- To manage the Technical Publications update cycle.
- To represent the company at conferences or on customer visits.
- Monitor the reliability (MTBF/MTBUR) of our products recommending appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensure that we are meeting our DMC guarantees to our customers.
- To review and make improvements to existing processes updating company documentation as necessary
- Provide high quality support to our worldwide repair stations, distributors and strategic partners to enable those organisations to deliver our service obligations
- Manage the resolution any non-conformances.
- On a rota basis provide the out of hours AOG and technical support service to our customers.
- Demonstrate and adhere to the Ultra ASPIRE values at all times.
- Be prepared to travel nationally and internationally.
- There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to Ultra PCS goals and objectives
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Strong technical capability
- Ability to manage difficult meetings with customers
- Highly motivated and able to influence at senior levels.
- Committed to customer satisfaction but with a strong understanding of the impact on the business.
- Well organised confident professional able to take the lead on Customer issues
- Able to analyse market trends and complete sales and order forecasts
- Direct customer interface experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Degree in technical discipline
- Aerospace experience (military & civil)
- Flexible working within core working hours
- Early Finish on a Friday
25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
4 times your annual salary in life assurance
Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
Pension Scheme - Less than 5 years' service up to 5.5% employer contributions, 5 years' service + up to 7.5% employer contributions.
Sports and Social club
Supportive and friendly working environment with regular team events