- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
IT Project Manager
An IT Project Manager will be leading Technology supported projects across one of our business areas - primarily Group Technical Services.
Job title IT Project Manager
Business Area Technology Change Delivery
Location: Forum 6, Whiteley, Fareham
Key relationships: Heads of Delivery, Director Technology Change Delivery,
Senior PMs/Programme Managers, Technology Business Partner, Portfolio Managers and Finance, Business Analysts, Business Systems Specialists, Enterprise & Solutions Architects, Testing Lead, Test Engagement Managers, Application Support, Service Transition, Service Design & Acceptance, Business Stakeholders, IT Services
An IT Project Manager will be leading Technology supported projects across one of our business areas - primarily Group Technical Services. Enabling critical business change, you will plan and implement business systems projects of small to medium complexity and size in order to meet business requirements. The main purpose of the role is to deliver business systems projects to required cost, quality and timescales, to add value to Specsavers.
- Shape, define and initiate IT projects to meet business requirements and in line with IT project and product roadmaps.
- Negotiate and agree project objectives, scope, deliverables, timescales and budgets.
- Develop and maintain detailed and realistic project plans using appropriate tools. Identify and manage project dependencies and the critical path.
- Obtain approval for costs via IT Governance. Track and manage costs within the approved budget, flagging exceptions and obtaining further funds if required.
- Lead the creation, review and management of Statements of Work for 3rd party engagement as required.
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of each stage of the project from the various providers and resources (business requirements, high level design, detailed design, build and test) to quality, time and budget.
- Ensure projects adhere to Specsavers methodologies and standards
- Monitor tasks, milestones and resources weekly against the project plan. Provide regular reports and updates in line with PMO requirements and business stakeholder requirements.
- Lead and motivate the project team, resolving any conflicts or people issues.
- Ensure control and engagement through project boards and steering groups as appropriate. Organise and run project meetings and "stand-ups" as required.
- Communicate and consult with IT and business stakeholders. Meet or exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Focus on meeting business benefits and objectives
- Identify, record, manage and mitigate risks, to prevent them becoming issues. Resolve issues, escalating as necessary.
- Carry out corrective action to deal with slippage, quality issues or over-spend.
- Manage changes in project scope or requirements, negotiating as necessary with business stakeholders.
- Ensure solutions are fully tested - including functional, regression, user acceptance, performance and end-to-end testing as required.
- Ensure controlled and successful implementation to the business, including all necessary hardware, software, data, training and communication.
- Provide smooth transfer of solutions into the production environment and applications support and close the project down.
· Track record of delivery of mainly applications projects, in a
fast-moving and demanding environment with infrastructure
· Delivery of projects of small to medium size and complexity, or a portfolio of smaller
· Excellent communicator, team player and influencer.
· Excellent planning, issue resolution and risk mitigation skills.
· Organised and supportive of process but also flexible and able to make
· Motivated, resilient and calm under pressure
· Prince2 / MSP qualified or experienced in PM methodology
· Retail or corporate systems experience a distinct advantage
· Experience of international projects advantageous
· Understands and is committed to the Business and very user-focussed.