- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Commercial Manager or Commercial Senior Officer
Government law enforcement client is recriiting for a Commercial Manager or Commercial Senior Officer
Government law enforcement client is recriiting for a Commercial Manager or Commercial Senior Officer for 6-12 months initially, office locations are Warrington or London with the potential for hybrid/remote where required.
Security clearance / vetting will be required for this position
Working as part of the Commercial Professional Services team as a Commercial Manager, the candidate will lead on a number of deliverables at strategic and functional level across the Professional Services and Communications category areas.
Youwill support the function across the procurement lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Deliver key procurement activity for a number of high value procurements
- Identify and resolve contract/supplier risk
- Existing supplier management
- Embed Commercial reporting and compliance
- An understanding of public procurement regulations.
- Ability to develop high quality commercial/ procurement strategies for complex business requirements.
- Track record in the delivery of cost savings, service improvements and changing and improving processes that maximises commercial outcomes.
- Experience of managing strategic contracts/suppliers in a category management environment and contract drafting, negotiating and influencing skills.
- A proven procurement background of successful delivery in a complex and changing environment, preferably in the public sector
- Excellent hands on knowledge of Procurement legislation and wider compliance controls such as the Cabinet Office
- An understanding and IR35 legislation and the application of such for public sector.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Experience of effectively working as part of a team.
- Proven experience of tendering activity (G-Cloud/DOS/CCS consultancy/comms Frameworks).
- Proficient with tools such as Word, Excel and MS project.
- Proficient in usage of E-procurement systems including Bravo/Award.
MCIPS (Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) qualified, at a minimum Level 5.
Qualification or recognised accreditation in Project management (i.e. Prince 2 /MSP).
The role would not be an immediate start due to the security vetting procedure so may work in your favour if you are not yet immediately available