- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Head of Content & Channels
Head of Content & Channels required for Public Sector client in Manchester, Cardiff or Glasgow
Head of Content & Channels required for Public Sector client
3mths contract initial with potential to go permanent if interested
Location: Manchester or Cardiff or Glasgow
With occasional travel to other locations to meet business needs. Hybrid working, which is where an employee works 40% of their week in their chosen office and the remaining part of the week from home.
The role requires practical skills and expertise in end-to-end website and digital channel management; a vision for high quality, eye-catching templates and content; a sharp eye for smart design; engaging visuals and an uncompromising appetite for clear, accurate, concise and precise text.
You will lead a team of content designers and editors, ensuring a high performing digital communications function.
The precise size and structure of the team is evolving, and you will help shape and position the team to commission, create, publish, post and send the right strategic and creative content for our campaigns and priority areas.
The key responsibilities for this team include:
- Managing the website and digital channels. Designing, producing, writing, creating, editing and commissioning digital content.
- Working to increase the number of people reached through our web and digital presence; constantly improving the quality and relevance of content.
- Providing search engine optimisation expertise and boosting positive social media impact among target audiences;
- Keeping on top of trends and developments in digital content; proposing and experimenting with ways to apply new learning and develop content in line with business objectives and audience preferences.
- Using analytics data, user research and other evidence to inform, improve and iteratively develop relevant and high quality content; understanding our audiences, users and the best ways to reach them.
- Ensuring the development and delivery of integrated communications strategies and plans; working proactively with colleagues to identify ways to communicate key messages, target relevant audiences and co-ordinate communications across different channels.
- Prioritising, dealing with complex requests and troubleshooting to work at pace and manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge of digital communications best practice across channels.
- Technical knowledge of websites and content management systems (e.g. Drupal) with an understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge and experience using a range of digital communications tools, social media and emerging platforms to produce create, edit and publish high-quality multimedia content.
- A strong understanding of SEO (search engine optimisation) and how this affects the content you create.
- Good working knowledge of tracking and analytics tools and a thorough understanding of website performance and evaluation measures. Experience pursuing a data-led approach to content and channel development.
- Experience leading a team; managing and developing people to ensure high performance and motivation. Strong coaching skills and experience advising colleagues in content design best practice, tools and methods.
- An ability to organise work and time productively to oversee and ensure end-to-end content workflow across channels.
- Experience championing continuous digital learning, demonstrating commitment to high standards and leading by example.
- Experience managing suppliers and contracts to commission development work and multimedia content.
- Excellent writing, subbing, copyediting and proofreading skills, with a comprehensive understanding of creating accessible content.
- Experience of procuring external suppliers and managing contracts and relationships to deliver digital projects.
- Experience of taking a new website through private and public beta testing phases and launch.
- Coordinating and planning activities across departments to manage projects.
- An understanding of how digital communication works alongside press and marketing campaigns and messaging.