- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Java developer needed to join a London based company with remote working
A company building systems that power air cargo are looking for a Java Developer to join their team. The company is London based with remote working, and they are seeing a sharp increase in demand fuelled from the Covid recovery.
This is a chance to join an established, global company, who managed a difficult 2 years well and are seeing a rapid recovery and as such are looking to expand teams.
The company is currently in the process of building the next generation of cargo management applications using modern and widely use technologies and is looking for motivated people to join their interdisciplinary developers.
- Java, Spring Boot, Web Services and Oracle / SQL Server / Mongo DB to build backend services
- Integrate with existing core Java Cargo applications via REST APIs
- Frontends are built with Angular and Ionic framework for mobile apps
- Deploy to Linux servers, Windows servers, and AWS with ansible/ANT
- Continuous integration is done with Gitlab/Bamboo
What they expect from you:
- Achieve a thorough understanding of products
- Work closely with project managers/ product owners, team leads, business analysts, technical support, and other software engineers involved with the development of integrated solution or other application systems.
- Perform multiple roles such as system analyst/ designer, program coder, tester and technical support as may be required in meeting the application development schedule and the overall project plan.
- Mentor software engineers and ensure compliance with software engineering standards.
- Translate design specifications into program codes; enforce the Company's software engineering methodology and standards.
- Champion good code quality practices towards reliable and maintainable solutions
- Actively participate in regular business and technical discussions on project updates/ in resolving technical issues.
- Perform and assist in the execution of unit tests and in the preparation of the project documentation.
- Participate in the planning and execution of systems migration activities.
- Provide off-site or on-site technical support on production systems.
- Ensure that all programs and problems are correctly reflected in all status reports.
What they require from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- Experience in Java development.
- Must be competent in Java coding best practices and design patterns with proven SQL skills
- Expertise using the following framework or technology is a plus: Spring Boot, JPA, REST API, XML, Swing, RMI, Hibernate, EJB, Angular, Ionic, IBM MQ, Kafka
- Experienced in using the following tools: SVN, Tortoise, Eclipse, Maven or Ant or similar
- With good SQL skills on databases (Oracle DBMS, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in SCRUM and DevOps practices is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good command of English language is a must