- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Scrum Master ( Agile )
The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for the Agile Scrum process adopted by one or more Agile software development teams in the design and delivery of software supporting specific business areas .
Senior Scrum Master at TFL
The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for the Agile Scrum process adopted by one or more Agile software development teams in the design and delivery of software supporting specific business areas e.g. Revenue, Online, and Corporate Applications.
The role holder is a subject matter expert in Agile Scrum and provides guidance and mentoring in Agile techniques and processes within one or more Agile team in order to encourage collaboration and maximise productivity of those teams.
Key Accountabilities :
For one or more Agile team the Senior Scrum Master will be responsible for:-
* Act as subject matter expert and mentor to the Agile Development Team in the adoption of Agile processes and techniques ensuring consistent adoption of Agile techniques within Technology Development and across TfL.
* Facilitate in behaviours and processes that increases the productivity of the team. Facilitating the removal of day to day impediments to the team's progress in order to maximise efficiency.
* Organising and facilitating agile events, such as daily stand-ups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews for the Scrum Team.
* Reporting of accurate agile metrics, such as burn-down and velocity to the Systems Analyst for the purposes of long-term forecasting and short-term monitoring.
* Coaching Agile team members in adopting and using Agile processes and techniques. Specifically techniques and processes promoting continuous improvement.
* Coaching the Agile team and stakeholders to understand and enact the agile process and empirical product development to facilitate the adoption and improvement of the Agile process.
Expert knowledge of Agile best practice, lean techniques and Scrum. [Expected]
Good working knowledge of Agile tools: - Version Control / Collaboration / Issue / Task Management / Continuous Integration [Expected]
Broad knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques, within the Agile [Expected]
Broad Knowledge of Software Delivery (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Deployment). [Expected]
Broad knowledge of software architectures. [Expected]
Excellent skills in facilitation, participatory decision-making and conflict resolution. [Expected]
Strong ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people within the delivery team including project managers, business analysis, developers and test people [Expected]
Proven ability to influence people at all levels across the organisation and outside, including negotiating and successfully facilitating joint decision-making [Expected]
Broad software development / test analysis skills, esp. in C# or JAVA [Desirable]
Extensive experience as a Scrum Master, or facilitator of Agile teams. Working within an Agile software development environment. [Expected]
Experience working with multiple Agile teams in Scrum of Scrum or other scaled Agile framework.
Extensive experience in large-scale IT systems with specific experience of developing high performance processing platforms which process 1000's of transactions per second.