- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the successful work stream leadership of project management and delivery of National Highways Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS)
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the successful work stream leadership of project management and delivery of National Highways Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), the overall programme is valued at £140 million.
You will work within the CHARM Programme (Common Highways Agency Rijkswaterstaat Model) to complete the delivery the ATMS within 5 regional traffic management centres with initial implementation in 2 centres already completed and an ongoing delivery programme planned.
You will be organised, professional and personable in order to matrix manage a team of internal and external subject matter experts and ensure that you are able to deliver timely progress reports in relation to the budget and plans and identify any issues. This is an exciting and fast paced role that will allow you to work with operational specialists to deliver a huge Operational IT transformation project.
What you'll be leading on
- Responsible for the delivery of the ATMS software project against the budget and preparing reports in line with the project plan, providing key updates
- Managing and developing the working relationships between the suppliers and the technology teams
- Provide leadership and manage activities for the ATMS delivery team
- Tracking the delivery against the project
To be successful
- Project management qualification or relevant work experience of leading on complex technology projects
- Experience of strong stakeholder management capability and collaboration
- Knowledge of agile delivery methods
- Experience and ability to digest complex information and communicate across all levels both verbally and in writing (presentations and reports)
- Previous experience of leading or managing a delivery team successfully, within a complex technology environment
- Desirable - knowledge or experience of working with operational technology in transport environment
A bit about us
The Digital Services Directorate is a growing and vibrant team and there has never been a better time to join us as we go through our transformation programme. We are helping to transform the way National Highways operates by delivering digital, data and technology services from frontline to back office, in a modern and efficient way. Our vision is to develop integrated information and technology that empowers our colleagues and provides real time information to our customers, integration with intelligent vehicle and transport systems as they develop, to improve journey safety and reliability.