- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Permanent Senior Project/Programme Manager required who has a track record in complex space industry programmes, knowledge of the ESA, and in PM tools and techniques
Senior Project/Programme Manager
Location: Either Bristol or Harwell, with 3 - 4 days a week in the office.
You'll lead the development and delivery of the most important, high value programme which is critical to the continued growth ambitions of the company. You'll provide strategic direction and leadership to deliver the satellite for high profile ESA science mission. Working closely with our transnational teams, you'll ensure closure of design engineering activities, production, and IVVQ to ensure a smooth transition through the bid stage, into the production phase and the launch campaign.
This Programme, valued at between £100-200m, is the largest and most ambitious that the client has embarked upon.
We are looking for a Senior PM/Programme Manager who will be:
- Proven track record of successfully leading the delivery of complex space industry programmes (payload/ platform/ satellite/ science missions) - Essential
- Deep knowledge of the ESA customer organisation, and experience interfacing directly with them
- Experience of programme management tools and techniques
- We're looking for you to be proactive and results oriented, confident and resilient to deal with problems, setbacks, and challenges
Day to day your role will include:
- Developing the relationships and managing the interface with the customer and internal stakeholders
- Providing leadership and strategic vision to the programme team
- Reviewing and committing to programme baselines, consolidating the schedule, and driving commitment to delivery dates
- Managing the costs, forecasts, risks, and opportunities of the programme
- Providing consistent and accurate programme reporting to both internal and external partners
- Identifying support needs and obtaining support from the wider organisation
If you meet the minimum requirements, please get in touch so that I can send through the full spec and have a discussion with you.