- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
License Administrator - Permanent -Worcester- Salary up to 25 000 pounds per annum
Reporting to Head of IT Services | Part of the IT Services Team
An overview of the role
The focus of this position is to ensure the management of suppliers of IT licences and support agreements in use across Hosted, internal and cloud systems. This is a varied role, working within a very busy, fast paced environment. You will require a sound general knowledge of IT and an understanding on how software licences are applied in various use cases.
Your key responsibilities
* You will provide administration support with technical and commercial enquiries, keeping up to date with market conditions
* Be responsible for managing and tracking use of licence agreements for a wide variety of software, including Microsoft (SPLA and 365), VMWare, Citrix, Adobe, Salesforce etc…
* Partnering with the Business to oversee supplier service contracts, ensuring continued high levels of value and quality in service delivery and compliance with SLA's.
* Contribute to the development of contract management - tools, processes, governance etc
* Facilitating internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
* In conjunction with Procurement processes, carry out on going reviews of supplier contracts to maximise contract benefit and optimise contract costs in a targeted fashion.
* Provide Management reporting for the business stakeholders.
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of frameworks and processes to manage suppliers for performance, risk and value.
* Actively input into the IT budgeting process
* Enforce the Open GI IT policy in line with required governance/compliance
* Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time
* Have a flexible attitude to work in order to provide necessary levels of escalation cover or availability for on-call duties where required. This may include staggered working hours.
What you'll need to succeed
* GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade C or above
* Educated to HNC, with a suitable subject, or equivalent experience
* Full Drivers licence
* Broad knowledge of various software licencing models, included metered environments.
* knowledge of working with and managing outsourced IT service providers
* Ability to manage stakeholders, colleague and manage upwards
* Proactive attitude with the ability to be a team player and build strong partnerships with the business and suppliers to drive value
Skills and Aptitudes
* Excellent communicator with positive 'can-do' attitude with both internal and external customers
* Driven, ability to work unsupervised on tasks
* Flexible approach to daily tasks
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy environment; calm under pressure
* Methodical and disciplined in approach to tasks, able to deliver to agreed timescales
* Ability to communicate effectively with users at all levels of the organisation
* An eagerness to undertake new challenges
* Demonstrate positive customer engagement
* Be articulate, PC literate and numerate, with the ability to analyse and present data
* Willing to travel