- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Product / Solutions Manager - Hampshire - up to 62k per annum
Work flexibility - varies from week to week. Needs availability for meetings in the office if and when required.
Product / Solutions Manager
Based across the UK and Europe, our support and development services make us a truly diverse organisation that offers a range of IT solutions to insurance brokers, insurers, and managing general agents.
Integrating the Solutions team, and reporting to the Head of Solutions, the successful candidate will become the subject matter expert for the platform, owning the end-to-end creation of solution proposals for new and existing clients, working alongside members of the Sales and Product teams to ensure that the client receives a fantastic service during the pre-sales phase through to the contracted proposal being handed over to the Delivery Team.
The successful candidate will also work with the client to ensure the maximum value is derived from the products and services available that will contribute to their growth and help them achieve their goals. They will also be flexible, as traveling to customer sites will be required.
- Lead workshops with new and existing clients to drive high-quality solutions proposals that can be contracted for and handed over to delivery teams for implementation
- Directly input / contribute to the product roadmap through interactions and workshop sessions with clients and ensure this is aligned with wider product and business strategies
- Work alongside the Sales and Product Management teams to deliver proposals for product solutions to new and existing clients
- Collect, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across the pre-sales process for new and existing clients.
- Create solution proposals for new and existing clients and gain internal approval
- Own the collation of information for RFI's and RFPs for prospective clients during the pre-sales process.
- Be a recognised expert in the business on the product, the market, relevant technology, and the competition.
- Be recognised as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders
- Represent the voice of the customer in senior-level management meetings
- Work with the other solutions managers, product management, product marketing, and marketing communications to optimise product success
- Be familiar with the business practices, platform requirements, and project management framework
- Participate in sprint reviews
- Clearly articulate vision, context, and direction of product /feature to and through the pre-sales process
- Collaborate with and support other business teams to drive growth and customer advocacy
- Educated to a business degree or relevant subject (advantage)
- Full valid driving licence
- Experience in the insurance industry (essential)
- Experience years as a B2B SW Solutions / Product Manager (essential)
- 3-4 years working in an Agile environment (advantageous)
- Demonstrable experience taking initiative and working without close supervision (essential)
- Experience of working in a pressured environment to strict deadlines (essential)
- Experience in working with IT systems in a Broking/Insurance environment (advantageous)
- Experience in gathering and documenting customer requirements (advantageous)
- Willingness to work outside of core working hours to achieve objectives and tasks (advantageous)