- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
A well established technology first company are recruiting a permanent, full-time DevOps Engineer.
Hybrid working policy in place, lots of autonomy and a flat leadership structure enabling quick decision making.
This DevOps Engineer job role joins a well established creative company that have been operating for over 25 years based from fantastic offices in London. (Hybrid working policy in place)
The business is well funded with solid foundations to build from. This technology driven business owns and operate their own private cloud that provides them with flexibility and capacity to meet demands, and this job role will see you provide hands-on support for their datacentre operations, which supports all of their technical undertaking, as well as managing a small infrastructure team.
Administration of ~120 Ubuntu servers
● Monitoring of the infrastructure and workloads
● Managing the distributed storage platforms, hosting several PB of data
● Maintaining hardware racks in the datacentre
Provide leadership on technical infrastructure:
● Manage and grow the small DevOps / Systems Admin team
● Provide an interface between development and business operations teams
● Manage relationships with third party partners
● Advise on and carry out upgrades and improvements to technical infrastructure
This role offers plenty of autonomy and fast decision making in the role. You will need to possess excellent communication skills across multiple domains internally as well as proven stakeholder management.
You will have :
● Knowledge of Linux
● Scripting experience in Python and/or bash
● Experience using some configuration management tooling ie. Ansible, Puppet or Chef
● Experience operating in a physical data centre
● Experience with containers and exposure to container orchestration tools i.e. Docker Swarm or Kubernetes