- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Graduate / Junior Security Architect
Graduate / Junior Security Architect - Gloucester (Hybrid working) - up to 50K per annum
Reporting directly to the Services and Solution manager with a dotted line to the Global CISO, the Security Architect will be responsible for all security aspects at UK & Asia sites.
Responsibilities will include:
- Enforcement of Security strategy, policies, standards and procedures
- Supporting the Worldwide initiatives to achieve the relevant global military and security compliance standards
- Management of all security incidents effecting UK & Asia sites
- Recommending projects and solutions to address vulnerabilities both infrastructure and security based
- Ensuring effective management of all security and infrastructure equipment and solutions utilised by the UK & Asia sites
- Working with other IS groups, the Security Architect will also be responsible for all required security and architecture documentation, policy enforcement and approvals of systems/projects from a security perspective.
- Establishing themselves as the UK & Asia Security authority and provide guidance to other departments such as Compliance, Programs, Commercial, Engineering, Operations and IS for all architecture and security related topics
The Security Architect will be expected to own and deliver specific infrastructure and security
projects as well as engage as part of the global security team.
- As security referent, working with customers, outsourcers, regulatory authorities or Global IS security group to ensure security compliance at the UK & Asia sites.
- Responsible for implementation of all security projects required to meet the required compliance levels.
- Responsible for application and enforcement of IS security policy as well as development of all required security documentation needed to support the process.
- Responsible for reviewing/authorising infrastructure design proposals, advising the Global CISO about the proposals and providing guidance to IS project teams from a security perspective.
- Responsible for auditing of security systems/solutions and reporting of audit results as requested by the Global CISO.
- Responsible for ensuring all internal controls documentation/testing is performed as requested by the internal controls group.
- Responsible for the support of security awareness campaigns.
- Responsible for facilitating security awareness trainings.
- Management of firewall solutions, core switches and proxy solutions used at the UK & Asia sites.
- As authority & referent, providing guidance to other IS infrastructure experts who manage firewall, switch or proxy solutions.
Additional description Incident Response:
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems.
- Work with the Global SOC team to resolve security incidents and recommending improvements to avoid reoccurrence of the same incident.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the proper recording and escalation of incidents to the Global CISO or deputy.
- The incumbent will be required to carry a work mobile phone and be connected with local/global security notification groups.
Candidate skills & requirements Required:
- Strong experience and skills in cross-functional project and programme management.
- Rigour and attention to detail.
- Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven capability to influence and challenge peers & leadership. Able to engage effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Resilient and able to manage ambiguity and complexity.
- Stakeholder management & ability to challenge (both to our team, and the wider teams we work with).
- The ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and external organizations.
- Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, networking, firewalls, communication protocols, security products and mobility)
- Experience with implementing/managing security for applications, middleware, IS infrastructure, Active Directory and/or cloud based solutions
- ITIL Foundations, Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar.
- Skill in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Experience managing projects.
- Knowledge of aerospace business.
- Knowledge of industrial domain security related to manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in / comfortable managing data and data-based tools, including Power BI.
- Confident working with ambiguity.
- Application of structured transformation / change / project ways of working in fluid / fast changing situations (i.e. not just program managing somewhere that is already very structured).
- Specific experience with ISO 27k, NIST SP 800-171 or CMMC standards and implementation of said standards.
- Knowledge of French Language is a plus