- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Data Platform Engineer
We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer to lead the data and analytics team
Overview of the role:
The company is at the start of a huge transformation in how data is managed and used to drive outcomes in a host of key areas, delivering improvements for internal and external stakeholders.
The Lead Data Platform Engineer, will be responsible for improving the technical landscape and effectiveness of the data platforms across the data team. The work and outputs will massively help manage and govern the quality and compliance of data across the business.
We're looking for someone who can provide technical leadership for the team responsible for data and analytics, as well as driving out the cultural change required.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of the Data Platform Team within the wider Data Operations Team, Inspire and guide the Data & Analytics Team to embed best practice
- Lead the engagement with the IT Strategy and Architecture teams to understand technical direction and ensure strategic and operational alignment around platform set, maintenance & lifecycle management
- Implement and manage multiple tiers, development, test, pre-production, production environments across the teams data platforms. Integrate new data pipelines into the data platform ensuring consistency in design standards, work with Data Science colleagues to productionise models
- Liaise with internal data governance and security teams to ensure that we are moving towards an approved compliant infrastructure, follow agreed standards and processes to ensure the value of data initiatives can be realised in a compliant, quality and consistent manner.
- Produce and maintain operations manuals/run books for the associated services for this team in line with corporate standards
- Keep up-to date with the latest relevant technology, relevant standards, policies and directives. Identify and act upon opportunities for continuous improvement to reduce operational risks, optimise efficiency and improve standards in line with appropriate best practice, be the subject matter expert on data platforms.
You will be an experienced Data platform Engineer who has a passion for infrastructure, software and data.
- META data management
- Alteryx, Qlik, R Studio - analytics workbench
- Platform management
- Data Governance is key
- Software engineering