- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Principal Software Engineer (Java/Kotlin) - 100% Remote
Networkers Technology is part of the Gattaca group, founded in 1984 and listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are leaders in recruitment of Information Technology and Digital profiles.
*Offer for candidates based in Portugal and Spain
They are looking for Principal Software Engineer to join their Platform, Architecture and Engineering teams, and directly impact the lives of a global population of clients. You will be involved in designing and building scalable and resilient platforms to support an ever growing number of customers.
What You'll Do:
- You work side-by-side with engineers, product managers, technology leads and individual contributors of varying degrees of seniority, providing mentorship and skills development guidance when appropriate and leading by example.
- Communicate technical needs and interests to the Product team and others.
- Designing and helping to develop high-quality software by using a range of practices like TDD, Clean Code, simple design etc.
- Evaluate and create new tools and techniques to facilitate effective development practices.
- Communicate a clear vision of how the technology can be optimally applied to products.
- Set the standard for highest quality of work. Lead by example and be proactive in raising concerns as soon as they are observed.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science
- Strong experience as a Software Engineer programming in OO/FP languages but preferably in JVM: Java, Scala or Kotlin. Also designing or implementing API best practices as well as using design and architectural patterns.
- Successfully deploying or migrating services/solutions to public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP… ).
- Listens a lot. Ask questions to seek clarity. Take the floor when they have information, experience, or perspective to share. Communicates impediments as they arise.
- Leads complex changes, complicated refactoring, modifications, refactoring, and bug fixes to existing functionality.
- Participates in high-level architecture discussions and supports the implementation.
- Excellent analysis, project planning, and schedule estimating skills as applied to multi-person projects. Ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks
- Expert in current software design practices, including modularity, event-driven architecture, functional programming, microservices, object-oriented design, optimization, extensibility, and testability. Stays abreast of industry innovations and developments.
- Strong communication skills, especially in representing their expertise to a wide range of people. Forges relationships with development personnel throughout the industry.
- Self-motivated; works independently.
- Enthusiastic about company and engineering company products. Willing to Generates, enhances, and promotes ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Business-level English; Spanish knowledge is welcome but not required
- Previous working experience in a startup or product company with high traffic experience.
- Domain Driven Design is a Plus.
- Permanent contract directly with end client.
- 100% remote work.
- Attractive salary and benefits package.
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning.
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform