- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Principal NetOps Engineer - Interim
NetOps Engineer Lead / Principle - Contract - London (Remote)
Principal NetOps Engineer
As Principal NetOps Engineer, you will be part of Systems Engineering Team within the Network Department bridging the work between core networking and supporting systems, along with automation.
You will need to draw on your experience of working with Linux-based Network Systems and, have the ability to work with a variety of other systems such as Monitoring, IP Addressing, Inventory Management & Automation.
Ideally, you will have a strong background in Network Automation, Monitoring, Systems Security & Networking Protocols .
What you'll do
- Design, Install, Setup & Maintain Highly Available Monitoring Systems for Networks
- Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools
- Deploy & Maintain Systems & Network backup solutions.
- Design and apply Security Policies to the Networking Systems
- Assist with maintaining and testing disaster recovery and fail-over procedures
- Design & Implement automation to support scaling of network
- Deploy & Maintain DNS & DHCP High Availability Pairs
- Producing intelligent, scalable and maintainable automation solutions for network & systems deployments (based on python/perl/ansible)
- Provide out of hours support for issues & escalations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application security level issue
- Troubleshoot any systems related issue
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
- Strong experience in installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Centos) systems with primary focus on network & monitoring applications
- Experience with configuration management applications like PUPPET/Ansible is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of network protocols, TCP stack knowledge and supporting systems (such as SNMP, BGP, IPSec, Netflow, VPNs, DHCP, DNS & IPv6)
- Extensive Hands on experience with Git & AWS (Direct Connect, EC2 & VPCs)
- Experience with setting up monitoring systems like Elasticsearch, ICINGA2, Zabbix and Grafana is MUST.
- Good knowledge of Web Application Security protocols and tools like OWASP, IP Tables and OpenVPN.
- Experience with Patching & Reporting of Linux based Systems.
- Competence in IP, HTTPS, DHCP and DNS Deployments.
- Experience with working systems with high availability.
- Experience with Automation technologies to facilitate deployment and testing.
- Experience in working in a small team and being self-sufficient.
- Experience in Agile environment.
- Ability to manage own time and work under pressure to prioritize Ad Hoc requests.
- Take initiative and participate in other projects.
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred)
- Knowledge of YAML, YANG, NETCONF
- Extensive knowledge and experience of network security, Firewalls & DDos Mitigation Systems
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.