- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
R07030 Cyber Security Engineer - Stevenage
Providing specialist cyber security solutions across projects sophisticated weapon systems and providing the design, documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities.
Cyber Security Engineer
Join the Product Cyber Security team providing specialist cyber security solutions across projects within delivering effective cyber security sophisticated weapon systems and providing the design, documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities.
- Identify, assess and lead security risks to systems and then ensure the security measures to address these risks are implemented and validated to work
- Input your balanced cyber security technical skills into a project team, taking account of the complex trades and requirements on cyber security design and assurance
- Collaborate closely with the wider engineering team and provide cyber security expertise into the engineering lifecycle from initial requirements to operational guidance
- Deliver the project's cyber security risk management process across the engineering lifecycle and provide guidance and support to the project based on a risk management methodology
- Represent Cyber Security across project engineering functions and contribute to the project's Security Working Group
- Produce the project risk management accreditation document set and engage with the project collaborators with a focus on delivering against project achievements
What we're looking for!
- An ability to undertake risk assessments and propose security measures in response across the range of physical, personnel, procedural and technical measures.
- Understanding of MOD and Government information security policy, standards and guidance and the ability to tailor them to the specific needs of our product range
- A validated delivery focussed mind-set, aware of the exciting demands on cyber security design, implementation and assurance
- Awareness of systems engineering, electronics, software technology and development principles.
- Prior experience of delivering risk management accreditation documents sets for military equipment or similar
- Proven ability to engage with partners, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, mentorship and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
- Understanding of systems and security verification, validation, testing and evaluation approaches, including HMG Information Assurance schemes and processes
- A curiosity about emerging risk assessment approaches and next generation security functions and approaches.
- DV clearance desirable but not crucial
What's in it for you?
This role offers the opportunity to be part of a rapidly developing technology area, shaping the responses to a sophisticated and exciting domain for our products. It offers the scope for you to use your technical skills, judgement and influence to affect the security of systems delivered to the customer and end User. It will offer;
- The ability to develop your knowledge and expertise, and face complex challenges in a domain that is critically important for the future of Company
- Regular liaison with the end user, customer community and project seniors providing opportunities to introduce new cyber security thinking of the customer
- Your input into the engineering lifecycle, using your skills and experience to make a difference to equipment before and during its time in service
- The challenge of delivering complex user-driven solutions into products, balancing the need for security against multiple competing demands and delivery deadlines
- An opportunity to see the rapidly changing Cyber Security field from the inside and contribute to its development .
Join a great team!
The Product Cyber Security team has a strong pedigree in the delivery of security solution design and system accreditation. As part of the team you would have opportunities to represent the department on one or more projects sustaining our current products or developing the next generation.
You will be able to use your skills and motivation to influence security design and play a vital role in delivering a usable capability to our end users.
As a department we are at the leading edge of cyber security within the sophisticated weapons arena, and there will be plenty of technical and personal responsibility to challenge you. Alongside the project work the department also runs personal development and R&D activities to make sure its skills, technologies, and people are ready for the rapid pace of change in Cyber Security for the years to come. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn and feed back into our products.