- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
AWS Security Consultant
Opportunity to work for a Global company. Candidates wih Teir 2 Visa's welcome. Opportunity to work remotely
- Hands-on implementation, maintenance and roadmap of AWS IAM Policy definitions in a multi-account AWS environment
- Active involvement in the Cloud Security Roadmap
- Security engineering for compliance: Automated remediations, real-time policy enforcement / preventative controls, IAM policy management
- Experience with CloudFormation, CICD, AWS Security Hub, AWS Config,
- At least one of the following certifications (or higher): AWS-SAA, AWS Security Spec
- - Super motivated engineer with a passion DevOps, and strong skills in at least one scripting language (Ruby/Python or equivalent).
- -Strong security background, and at least two years' experience in a hands-on information security role, ideally on cloud platforms and have a solid understanding of ISO 270001.
- -Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments, will know your way around regulations like PCI and SOX, and may have a CISSP or equivalent security accreditation.
- -Work with customer stakeholders to create, update, and implement Information Security designs, standards and procedures.
- -Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
- -Should have demonstrable customer facing experience, with the ability to build strong working relationships with customers, drive change and see projects to completion.
- -Should have excellent presentation and writing skills - A good planner and communicator
Nice to have
- Incident Response Experiences in a Cloud Environment
- Security Certifications such as: OSCP, CEH, PCNSA, CCSP
- Experience with AWS Organizations / Landing Zone
- Detail-oriented methodology
- Teamplayer in an intl. team
- Hands-On Mentality
- Iterative (i.e. Agile) Methodology / Scrum
Skills - AWS, Java, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Microservices, Jenkins, Springboot, Docker, GitLab, Agile
- Experienced in full risk assessment activities and any risk treatment mitigation's, plans or actions.
- Very experienced in 'Secure-by-design' approaches and ensuring it is part of quality decisions by default. You will have worked with other stakeholders such a programme managers or service managers to ensure they own this.
- Full awareness of the latest developments in the security and technology industry including best practice and industry standards.
- All advice and recommendations are based upon the latest risk analysis
- Ability to chair SWGs and other groups.
- overseeing the security engagements for projects within the department and ensuring adherence to any specific tooling as appropriate.
- recommend security controls and solutions that support the business needs and balance requirements and decisions across different approaches and how they may impact On-prem or Cloud solutions.
- lead on secure design input for complicated solutions and be able to challenge approaches and suggest innovative alternatives including providing input to architectures and patterns.
This role will require working with a variety of stakeholders, including clients, vendors and accreditors. This means working closely with accreditors so that all accreditation can be delivered and you will need to be comfortable in identifying and mitigating any risks associated with this.