- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Work for a Global company. Candidates with Teir 2 Visa's welcome
The role involves working with financial labs and projects to help deliver secure financial products and services. This will require obtaining a deep understanding of various technologies in order to produce or provide input into the necessary design or solution documents. This role will involve providing cyber security leadership within projects and labs, working with security teams and SMEs across the Group to ensure standards are met or surpassed as well as with product owners, vendors and developers.
Main Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
· Provide the following capabilities as required by the project or determined by the work load alignment:
o Security Architecture and Solution Architecture
o Security Engineering and Design
o Security Consultancy
· Participate within each project as a primary resource ensuring commitment to attend all appropriate calls and meetings as agreed with the project manager.
· Manage requirements from stakeholders within each project and collaborate with the Senior Security Engineer portfolio lead on challenges that need wider business discussion or escalation to the Lead Security Engineers.
· Analyse security risk within each design as appropriate to the scope and ensure that all interested stakeholders are informed or consulted where necessary.
· Design and implement security controls using a combination of Enterprise Architecture Patterns, Security Standards and bespoke deliverables.
· Threat model a solution (based on STRIDE) to identify the security requirements
· Document the security design articulating how the design meets the security requirements
· Risk assess control weaknesses and have an understanding of Risk management frameworks
· Take the lead on security architecture decisions and issues where the problem scenario is not covered by a pattern or standard.
· Collaborating with alternative technical resources with the goal of supporting projects in the production of design documentation e.g. Technical Solution Designs (TSD's) or security documentation where necessary.
· Ensuring that the drivers of Cost, Pace and Quality are maintained during production of or contribution to design artefacts.
· Provide security architectural SME knowledge and design engineering effort that leads to the creation of high quality solutions that comply with all relevant ITEC policies and Security Standards.
· Provide security support for assigned projects at review committees, boards or forums in order to facilitate the project through governance.
· Provide support for projects as they move into the delivery stage at a level suitable to ensure that the solution is implemented as per the design. Ensure the solution is taken back through governance where the design has changed during the implementation cycle.
· Team player and ability to lead deliverables within a project
· Motivated self-starter
· Internal and external stakeholder management
· Ability to liaise with other security and IT teams
· Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across different business units
· Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives to deadlines
· Ability to explain detailed technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
· Ability to work within traditional waterfall and "Agile" delivery methodolgies
The candidate should have experience and knowledge of a broad range of IT security principles and associated technologies. The candidate should be able to clearly demonstrate their understanding of each skill area and evidence previous work programmes where they have been a significant part of their secure implementation.
The candidate should have significant knowledge of Cyber Security as it applies to Enterprise business and ideally exposure to risk or threat assessment techniques.
The candidate should have technical experience and demonstrable skill in one or more of the following areas:
· Cryptographic knowledge including encryption, key exchange, certificate handling and protocols (x509, PKCS12 etc)
· Security Control Frameworks e.g. ISO27001 and practical experience in their implementation
· Security Architecture principles, generic best practices
· Network security devices including NGFW, UTM or NIPS/NIDS
· Endpoint defence solutions including NGAV or EDR. Exposure to malware infection vectors and defence methods
· Endpoint and Server hardening principles, best practices
· Web application firewalls, network load balancers, proxy systems
· Network, Endpoint and Application logging concepts, best practice and monitoring systems including SIEM
· Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting concepts, best practice and IAM management systems. OTP and MFA systems.
· Active Directory Security including federated solutions using ADFS, SAML etc
· Exposure to cloud security models including public, private and hybrid concepts
· Application security including web applications, SaaS services etc
· Data handling principles, protective marking/tagging and data security knowledge.
· Application Security
· Securing DevOps pipelines
· Containers (Docker/Kubenetes
· Securing Cloud (Azure, Google)
· Integrating on-prem services with cloud services
· Microservices architecture
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.